Nothing has changed, Owais is talking about Autobook, which is a desktop program that allows salespeople to build the car as it should be ordered. Order Workbench is a different system, and it did allow PROPER ordering of the car for Canada several days ago. Autobook always lags behind, and is not the official order system anyway. If you have a printout from Order Workbench, you are good to go...

So painful waiting on Canadian pricing for the Z06, sure wish GM would get their act together. The goal should be to sell as many as possible as that is the whole point you're in business.

They have already sold about 5 times as many as they will possibly get this year, so I am not sure they are really excited about getting more orders!

Expect $82,995 plus freight... 1LZZ Coupe

Last edited:
They have dropped the price of a Viper by $15K to get it back into the picture somewhat. Sales there are a disaster this year. Price yourself out of the market and this is what happens.
Rescue efforts continue after Typhoon Haiyan | freep.com | Detroit Local News | Detroit Free Press

Big deal still won't help, the Viper is a piece of crap compared to a Vette. A good buddy couldn't get rid of his fast enough. He kept his 2003 - Z06 with a 450CID naturally aspirated putting down 620 rear wheel HP, mini tubbed with 345's Very sweet ride indeed

So a good source told me Z06 in Canada starting at $85,995.00 before shipping, higher then it should be by Stingray comparison to US pricing. A little extra Canadian gouging going on again as usual. But still still cheaper then US price adding in exchange...
Pretty soon we'll who's guess is right.

Pricing is really a moot point when you think about it. The few that were allocated were so hard to get our hands on a thousand or even two in the base price won't make the difference...For me it is simply a deciding factor on the extras is all. Would I be bothered going completely base and then getting a customized stinger from my local graphics guy, side rails at half the price from the Forum site dealers....or even getting the rims powder coated black which would result in a much more durable rim in any case? not at all. Actually, anyone looking resale would probably be best going for the base...

Or let's look at it from the angle that several US dealers are tapping on a 10k premium...and in fact... I saw same on Kijiji tonight where a dealer was advertising their preconfigured November delivery Z07 for a 10k premium in BC.....soooooo MSRP is starting to sound real good right about now eheheh.

Personally...with our dollar where it is... Any Canadian MSRP that isn't simply the US MSRP plus rate of exchange is a huge plus already. That would be $86340 at the time I wrote this. Ok...so maybe not that huge. My bet is still on 82/83k however...

Last edited:
Pricing is really a moot point when you think about it. The few that were allocated were so hard to get our hands on a thousand or even two in the base price won't make the difference...For me it is simply a deciding factor on the extras is all. Would I be bothered going completely base and then getting a customized stinger from my local graphics guy, side rails at half the price from the Forum site dealers....or even getting the rims powder coated black which would result in a much more durable rim in any case? not at all. Actually, anyone looking resale would probably be best going for the base...

Or let's look at it from the angle that several US dealers are tapping on a 10k premium...and in fact... I saw same on Kijiji tonight where a dealer was advertising their preconfigured November delivery Z07 for a 10k premium in BC.....soooooo MSRP is starting to sound real good right about now eheheh.

Personally...with our dollar where it is... Any Canadian MSRP that isn't simply the US MSRP plus rate of exchange is a huge plus already. That would be $86340 at the time I wrote this. Ok...so maybe not that huge. My bet is still on 82/83k however...

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/images/newsmilies/iagree.gif I like your Z06 guess on pricing way better than mine, should be any day now.

I don't really understand what you just stated. Dealers have been given their allocation. I have even hard copy proof of what one dealer was being allocated as well. Every dealer that has been give allocation has accounted for those allocations already. Yesterday's Sherwood Z06 at status 3000 was a great example. Owais who announced and had his dealerships allocation confirmed through this site is yet another good example.

Are we missing something that you know? If so congrats because you just may have info that no vette dealers in Canada has...eheh

There does seem to be some mixed info around the country about allocation. In my area the dealers still haven't been told 100% how many they are being allowed. They are only speculating. My buddy just checked with his dealer today where he is 1st in line with a deposit and still haven't got solid confirmation they are getting even 1 yet. I'm 3rd in line at my dealer and as of today they don't know for sure how many they are getting. Seems to be some favoritism going on around the country.

I have heard the same everywhere and posted on this extensively. I contacted EVERY Vette dealer in Canada and left my number if allocations were to come available. A few calls were returned from Sherwood Park (allocated 6/7) and Island Chev (allocated 2/3 and then apparently got 2 more) in Quebec. The number i was initially given by a close GM contact for Canada was 28. The number I counted up to was 28. I hope I am wrong more than anything. Dealers who have the allocations know and have been told. Corvette dealers who are not receiving allocations have not been told anything. Conversely, there have been numerous examples with salesmen of dealers without allocation, or with allocation already accounted for by buyers, taking deposits and that person being made to believe the dealer can get one. My first dealer has a stellar reputation, yet refuses to tell people how long their waiting list is, or even what place one is on the list. I know of several who have been waiting for Stingrays up to and over a year and then walked from dealers who didn't get them a Corvette.

I also went through all the Winnipeg Vette dealers without an available allocation. Along the way, I learned things like... the Province of Newfoundland is getting one allocation and it is accounted for. Yellowknife...none (I figured that there may be a regional dispersement element to the game) There is a dealer in the GTA who is very deserving of allocation from previous sales but, for some reason, has yet to have acknowledged any allocations to their salesmen. The salesman in that case was quick to to try and take 5K from me on the belief that they would get one, but when I explained to him that dealers knew who had received initial allocation, he initially said it wasn't possible, only to later call me back and thank me for that information that he confirmed with a colleague stating that he doesnt know why but they havent an allocation, at least that he was aware of. He still tried for that 5K as a 'just in case'.

The system is very curved in the favor of the dealer. Dealers are independent entities. Even with my situation... I have it in writing that the allocation is coming to me and even have written communication from the dealership and GM that this dealership is getting an allocation. Am I too stupid to believe I have any claim to that car last minute when it roles in and some rich guy says to the dealership he will up the ante 10K... or that person is the owner or a friend of the owner who decided he wanted the car? Even with my deposit, there is no legal obligation for the dealership to give you that allocation at the end of the day...

Anyway good luck and I will contact you should I here of anything, as I did with the last one. It was accounted for less than 24 hrs of it becoming available...do we think there is a need? Most of all... I truly hope that all of the information I have received is misinformation and that Canada is getting more than 28 Z06's, and better yet, that there might be a second wave of allocations.

If anything, I have made a ton of great friends in this trek, many I will visit in my new vette one day to say thanks to personally.

Update... Take a look at this article. Tadge states that there are 5600 orders right now for Z06 which is far more than they can accommodate. The calculation shows that about 4K will be built, all which have been accounted for at this time.... food for thought.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-purchasing/6909-4-000-z06-s-2015-a.html

Last edited:
Seems my sources is unreliable and I have to apologize for guessing all the news world happen this week. Just have to trust Jamali to update when he gets word it's on Autobook for real. Off to place my Z06 order in 5 minutes and hope my dealer gets an extra one.
Or it could be a long Corvetteless summer next year. That would suck big time.....

Good luck Winnipeg... The only thing we are positive of at this point is that there is at least one 2015 Z06 within Canadian boundaries...trying to track that baby down for a close look if I can....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.