Jul 4, 2019
Elora
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Stingray
Province
ON
I know how heavy these wheels are and I also know that I need a hand when removing and installing them when doing any work on the car. It will work nicely when up on the Quick Jack or a ordinary jack. If anyone is interested.
I take no credit for this idea as it came from the USA Corvette forum.

Attachments

• PXL_20240512_222453161.jpg
    PXL_20240512_222453161.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240512_222529511.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240512_222529511.MP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
There is a company that makes a similar product. I will be purchasing one from Jack and Jill of All Tires as I have CCB's on my Eray. They will also come in handy when installing and removing my winters on the SUV.

Reactions: 1st Vette
I bought one of these. Jack wheel 1/2inch off the ground. Remove one nut at top of wheel, screw on the pin, remove remaining nuts and slide wheel off using the pin. Slide new wheel onto the pin and onto the hub. Start and semi tighten nuts. Remove pin and install last nut and tighten them all. You only have to lift the wheel one inch. The pin makes it really easy to slide the wheel on and be aligned. Amazon.ca

There is a company that makes a similar product. I will be purchasing one from Jack and Jill of All Tires as I have CCB's on my Eray. They will also come in handy when installing and removing my winters on the SUV.
I just received one of these from J&J Tires and will be using it on my ERay and other vehicles. Appears to be well built. I will use it with the wheel stud extenders on the ERay to ensure the CCB are not impacted. I just ordered the extra long wheel lug extenders for the rear which should be here in the next few days. I have the shorter ones for 10 years now but the extra length is needed for the wide 13 rears. The homemade one looks good too but the J&J one is adjustable and my big 22's on my SUV are too heavy for me now so this is a great solution.

Reactions: NED
I just received one of these from J&J Tires and will be using it on my ERay and other vehicles. Appears to be well built. I will use it with the wheel stud extenders on the ERay to ensure the CCB are not impacted. I just ordered the extra long wheel lug extenders for the rear which should be here in the next few days. I have the shorter ones for 10 years now but the extra length is needed for the wide 13 rears. The homemade one looks good too but the J&J one is adjustable and my big 22's on my SUV are too heavy for me now so this is a great solution.
I have one of these as well and found that although it looks strong, the rollers won't stay parallel to one another with the weight of the wheel on it. The other thing I found out is that you can't get to all the lug nuts once you have the unit in position to remove the wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8