I ordered a McCulloch 1275 steam cleaner, it has good reviews. Will be here Friday to clean my dirty engine bay on a 84 crossfire vette. Anybody use a steam cleaner on their engine?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The 1275 reaches 200 degrees F. That may be a touch light for hardened grease. You might want to spray the engine bay with a degreaser first and let it sit for a bit. Then the steam cleaner should work just fine.I ordered a McCulloch 1275 steam cleaner, it has good reviews. Will be here Friday to clean my dirty engine bay on a 84 crossfire vette. Anybody use a steam cleaner on their engine?
That’s the plan. Most of it is dust. But near the power steering I have some grease build up. I will post a before and after.The 1275 reaches 200 degrees F. That may be a touch light for hardened grease. You might want to spray the engine bay with a degreaser first and let it sit for a bit. Then the steam cleaner should work just fine.
Just a thought , if you only have the one job to do with it you should check the return policy for the day after your done.......That’s the plan. Most of it is dust. But near the power steering I have some grease build up. I will post a before and after.
Plan on using for everything boat, other cars, wheels……..Just a thought , if you only have the one job to do with it you should check the return policy for the day after your done.......![]()