Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Hi there, came across this Hurst pistol grip shifter for C7's Anyone have one installed? Thoughts on the look?

Attachments

• shifter.jpg
    shifter.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 72
Oh that’s god aweful Paul!
😂
I’m absolutely kidding.
It looks good actually. Kind of like a great big Rambo knife has been shoved into the car. Seems to match the interior of that car as well.
I’m installing an MGW quick shift so it likely won’t feel that good to use the Rambo shifter but with the stock shifter there will be enough travel to make it feel very good to shift. I wonder if it will be possibly easier to find #5 easier on the way up in a hurry and #3 on the way down.

Cool mod in any case 👍

a few decades above me, not sure what the original looks like, but I like the Hurst and I'm sure is more cool than the factory one. are all the steering wheels sawed off at the bottom like that on the newer cars ?

Reactions: ccltj
Well, Im certainly glad that I was able to provide some humor in the guise of a question...lol

Ya the comedy never stops here. Oddly enough it was almost like that in Saskatchewan😂
But it was a checkstop with a dozen corvettes pulled over. Like winning the lottery for those LE guys that day.
Think only 2 of us actually got tickets so the majority of the fine protectors of our society were actually quite cool.

... a mod resembling a weapon in plain view at a check stop ?...
otherwise let me show you what I envision ...
this photo of @ddgermann in Saskatchewan
being "questioned" about his window tint ...

Lol. Yes.. I can hear Derek now. "No officer, that's not a knife. It's a shifter that lets me find 5th gear faster at 250 kph"...
Just keep the windows up Derek and he wont see the shifter through the tint.... hehe....

a few decades above me, not sure what the original looks like, but I like the Hurst and I'm sure is more cool than the factory one. are all the steering wheels sawed off at the bottom like that on the newer cars ?
That is the "D" shaped wheel works wonderful, makes perfect sense and was much more popular than the proposed E one :)

Reactions: ddgermann
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.