Dec 4, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 2LT Con
Province
ON
Hi:

Can anyone explain the green car symbol? Does this show up when V4 is engaged in Touring mode?

txs

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-02 at 13.29.04.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-02 at 13.29.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-02 at 13.29.04.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 0
Collision avoidance warning. This goes to yellow as you get closer and then full red warning square in the middle of the display.

I had it go off yesterday on a spirited drive yesterday.

They also have one for humans walking in front of the car.

P.S. Judging from the reflection in the dash, you where in hands free mode while you snapped the photo ;).
34km on her, enjoy the car as it only gets better.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKC8
Mine doesn't do that. Maybe that was in '21 and up models...
I get in, start it up, and push the 'Z' button.
No muss, no fuss, no V4.

On another note, and I may be mistaken, but I believe that green symbol on your console is a warning indicator that it's time to get your name on a list for a C9.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: MKC8 and Rruuff Day
Sometimes, when I'm cruising near the Golden Horseshoe, this one pops up.
No idea what it means. Anyone?

View attachment 123774

It could be any number of things:
  • Speed bump ahead.
  • Just say "No" to drugs.
  • Please donate to the humane society today.
  • Hunting in this area is 'frowned upon'.
  • Turn ahead for your local PPF installer.
Without context, it's difficult to say.
Was there self-medicating involved?

I just went out and tried mine, in various driving modes. 2024 SR 2LT HTC Z51.
Z Mode appears to disable the dash V8/V4 indicator, as per DW Ruby. The chart below also doesn't show it as "enabled".
I fired it up in the driveway, and switched from D to M, and the V8 indicator stayed visible on the dash. I didn't drive it, so it may just stay on as "V8" when in motion, no AFM. Will test that theory tomorrow, or next time I get a chance.
Page 201 on the 2024 PDF OM suggests that "Track" mode also disables AFM, per this chart.
Screenshot_2-5-2024_204635_.jpeg

UPDATE: Tried the Manual Mode shifting thing this afternoon (in the rain), got onto the local 402 freeway, accelerated to 50, 60, 70 MPH (sorry, I'm to old for metric) and then just put the CC on at each speed. The dash V4/V8 indicator stayed on V8 the entire time. Under no load, flat road, not inclined, calm wind, mostly dry highway. In D, I'd be seeing V4.
So, I would conclude, as others have stated, MM does disable AFM. Unless the sneaky bastards at GM programmed it to change to V4, but left the V8 icon active.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Supposedly in manual mode it will not go into V4 mode at all. But what do I know. I have a clutch pedal.
I agreed with you. Now you have to decide what I agreed with.
1. in manual mode it won't go into v4
2. You know nothing.
3. You have a clutch pedal
4. All of the above
;)