The codes that you have erased do pertain to the sending unit.
If the seafoam in your current tank of fuel works then they won't come back. If the first tank of seafoam doesn't work right away then they will reappear. Good luck with it. Let us know if the seafoam works for you.

Reactions: Vettenut
I haven’t used Seafoam yet. Just one container of Techron so far. Will put in another Techron in the next fill. I was happy to see the guage go to what I believe is correct reading. Hopefully this means the sensors are free from sulphur buildup. I’m really crossing my fingers on this one. So I thought if the Techron worked then the guage would automatically work? Or will it only work once you erase the code?

Reactions: Murray20c8
The codes that you have erased do pertain to the sending unit.
If the seafoam in your current tank of fuel works then they won't come back. If the first tank of seafoam doesn't work right away then they will reappear. Good luck with it. Let us know if the seafoam works for you.
Thank you Ol Yeller. This is great info. I really appreciate you taking the time to find and send this info.

I haven’t used Seafoam yet. Just one container of Techron so far. Will put in another Techron in the next fill. I was happy to see the guage go to what I believe is correct reading. Hopefully this means the sensors are free from sulphur buildup. I’m really crossing my fingers on this one. So I thought if the Techron worked then the guage would automatically work? Or will it only work once you erase the code?
With my C5, as soon as the gauge hit 3/8 of a tank of fuel remaining, the needle dropped to empty. I think that if your codes have been reset and the check engine light doesn't show up the next time you get below 1/4 of a tank of fuel, then it has done the job and you should be good to go.

With my C5, as soon as the gauge hit 3/8 of a tank of fuel remaining, the needle dropped to empty. I think that if your codes have been reset and the check engine light doesn't show up the next time you get below 1/4 of a tank of fuel, then it has done the job and you should be good to go.
I sure hope so. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again. Tomorrow I have another bottle of Techron arriving, I think I will use that one on the next fill up. Research says two Techrons in two consecutive tanks shouldn’t be a problem.

Try it in a few tanks of fuel, hopefully it will clean the gunk off the sending unit and eliminate the need for replcement for now.
Hi Ol Yeller. Update. So I thought the guage was fixed but then it got stuck at 1/4 thank. 450kms and on my way to gas station I ran out of gas . lol. Got gas. Added one more techron. Started car , guage showed empty. Cleared codes. Guage shows full. So here we go again. I’m hoping if it does not work this time that the 1/4 tank will be the not work point. I can live with that. Yikes. Fingers crossed.