No… this one is different.
IMG_2417.jpeg

Fuel mileage is better than your 89 litres per 100km though... ;)
Ha . That was yesterday! When I was down to 3/4 tank today on the highway it had dropped to 32 and by the time I got to Hinton 13.5 or so . Now at half tank . I suspect by the time I fuel it I should be looking at 10 or so . Until it’s fully broken in that is , lol. Two things I have determined that this vehicle would like. More turns in the road and a 160 kph speed limit…. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Vettenut
Ha . That was yesterday! When I was down to 3/4 tank today on the highway it had dropped to 32 and by the time I got to Hinton 13.5 or so . Now at half tank . I suspect by the time I fuel it I should be looking at 10 or so . Until it’s fully broken in that is , lol. Two things I have determined that this vehicle would like. More turns in the road and a 160 kph speed limit…. :rolleyes:

Yup. I think 10 may be a little optimistic but not far off. There's a catch 22 here though. Once you have it broke in, fuel mileage typically gets better but the other side of that is once it's broke in you'll be flexing it's muscle with revs more which never helps fuel economy. If I keep my C7 on cruise at 120kph, i get 7.2 to 7.4 but that goes down the toilet when I'm driving the way I like to drive.. lol

Yup. I think 10 may be a little optimistic but not far off. There's a catch 22 here though. Once you have it broke in, fuel mileage typically gets better but the other side of that is once it's broke in you'll be flexing it's muscle with revs more which never helps fuel economy. If I keep my C7 on cruise at 120kph, i get 7.2 to 7.4 but that goes down the toilet when I'm driving the way I like to drive.. lol
I hear ya . Like I mentioned, until it’s broken in . To be perfectly honest I couldn’t care less about fuel consumption. Within reason of course . I fuel my Tundra about every 6 or 7 weeks and it’s a pig on fuel. With the Vette , nope , don’t care at all , driving it is worth every drop. And I must say it is a pleasure to drive. Easy to see the future performance after 2400 patient kilometres. Even now with the torque and rpm limitations it is too easy to crawl up to 130 without even realizing it. The quicker it goes the more stable it feels. Low coefficient of drag and surprising downforce at speed even with the low profile spoiler. Semi inducing, lol . :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Vettenut
Which version of the LT engine do you have? That is very reasonable consumption. :Hurray:

Which version of the LT engine do you have? That is very reasonable consumption. :Hurray:
LT1 6.2 litre. That 7.2 litres was a 100km average going through the mountains to Vancouver. I can't keep my foot out of it for much more that 100km The entire 2500 km I put on that trip averaged 9.2 Litres per 100km. My Stingray is a 7 spd manual and 7th is definitely the GM gas guzzler tax dodge. At 120 in 7th my Rpms are just a touch over 1300. Nice thing about the M7 tranny. V4 doesn't cut in at all unless you switch the drive mode to ECO mode, which I never do. My Vette gives me better gas mileage than my 4 cyl Rav4 beater.

LT1 6.2 litre. That 7.2 litres was a 100km average going through the mountains to Vancouver. I can't keep my foot out of it for much more that 100km The entire 2500 km I put on that trip averaged 9.2 Litres per 100km. My Stingray is a 7 spd manual and 7th is definitely the GM gas guzzler tax dodge. At 120 in 7th my Rpms are just a touch over 1300. Nice thing about the M7 tranny. V4 doesn't cut in at all unless you switch the drive mode to ECO mode, which I never do. My Vette gives me better gas mileage than my 4 cyl Rav4 beater.
That’s excellent. ECO what? lol. The v4 in the c8 is the same idea but it’s a very unobtrusive implementation. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for protecting the environment. You don’t pee in the stream you drink from but I’m also far removed from the Climate Crisis we’re all going to boil by the end of the year crowd.

Last edited: