Sep 30, 2021
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
21 Vette Z51
Province
ON
Yup ... 3 more sleeps and our esteemed member ( Mr 1st Vette ) flies out to pick up his new 'Vette

Please join me in wishing safe travels .... good luck and lots of fun ....

Wont congratulate just yet ... dont wanna jinx anything ... we'll wait til its in the driveway

PS ... this will be the longest weekend of your life ;)

vehicle configuration

What kind of shape are the roads in up there?
Any long straight LEO free stretches?
Keep in mind the break-in caveats.
Godspeed.....
Thanks, I appreciate that. The roads are quite good actually although I haven’t driven the highway south, or north ,since last August but it was in really good condition then . Always some frost damage over the winter like everywhere but the Highways Department is usually on top of it. Local roads are quite good as well. We also have a 70 km road that heads east past some off grid satellite communities and a few Territorial Parks and numerous lakes which was resurfaced last year. Far from straight and a very nice drive. LEO ? Got the break- in figured. I’m not in a hurry and will take a round about route for a week or so on the way home. By the time I return there will probably be about 22 or 23 hundred kilometres on the car.

Yup ... 3 more sleeps and our esteemed member ( Mr 1st Vette ) flies out to pick up his new 'Vette

Wont congratulate just yet ... dont wanna jinx anything ... we'll wait til its in the driveway

vehicle configuration
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

• Winner
Reactions: Vettenut
Well at least the dealer ordered your car correctly this time. Have you got your SD card ready to put in the car and set to record for your drive home?
Turns out you got the colour you wanted for your car just in time. Have a safe trip and I hope you enjoy your new ride!

Well at least the dealer ordered your car correctly this time. Have you got your SD card ready to put in the car and set to record for your drive home?
Turns out you got the colour you wanted for your car just in time. Have a safe trip and I hope you enjoy your new ride!
I picked up a 256 Gb SanDisc ultra on sale! Thanks for the reminder and your thoughts. I’m really looking forward to it, a bit nervous but that will pass as soon as I adjust the seat and press the start button, lol .

My 2008 Tundra has 41,000 km . I suspect the milage will accumulate much more quickly on the C8 , lol . You should drive yours more often! That’s only 650 km a year….
Sorry, I missed a zero. Must be too much beer! Wait there can never be too much beer!
23000 KMs

vehicle configuration
And so it begins again, but very early this year. Just saw a few minutes ago that there is an 80 km section of the only highway into and out of Yellowknife closed because of wildfire. Jesus. This is yesterday. Short video in the attached.
IMG_2485.jpeg

2 highways that connect NWT to BC and Alberta o_O

So sad .... Truly hope this doesn't impact you in any way ..... fingers crossed

Hopefully its rural enough that no one gets hurt
Ya both highways but there’s only one I use highway #1 . #7 is also closed, it would take you to Northern BC . Hopefully in 10 days time it will be open but my schedule is pretty much open as well . One of the advantages of being retired ! It’s very unfortunate for the people and communities that are threatened as there have been several evacuation alerts and orders . Here’s hoping conditions improve. Scary stuff. The highways in red are currently closed.
IMG_2486.png

Ya both highways but there’s only one I use highway #1 . #7 is also closed, it would take you to Northern BC . Hopefully in 10 days time it will be open but my schedule is pretty much open as well . One of the advantages of being retired ! It’s very unfortunate for the people and communities that are threatened as there have been several evacuation alerts and orders . Here’s hoping conditions improve. Scary stuff. The highways in red are currently closed.
View attachment 123979

Wow. That's nasty. Not a good indication of the fire season we may see. Smoke was really nasty here in central AB yesterday. Everything was in a dark grey haze right down to the ground surface. Multiple warnings were issued here for people to stay inside with the windows closed. IQAir’s index had our air quality between unhealthy and very unhealthy.
When I left Red Deer for the Meet and Greet in Ponoka yesterday morning the sky was clear but by 9:30 the further north I went the worse it got. The turnout at the meet was pretty low. Reminded me of the meet when we started 12 years ago and were happy to see more than 6 Vettes attend. We ended up with about a dozen, counting a couple that just dropped in for a short visit and then were off again. The Edmonton Vette owners all talked about the smoke condition in Edmonton and it's likely effect on the lower turnout.

Wildfire conditions this coming year was a hot topic, in more ways than one.
Hopefully we get an extended period of rain soon throughout all of the areas of the country that need it.

Wow. That's nasty. Not a good indication of the fire season we may see. Smoke was really nasty here in central AB yesterday. Everything was in a dark grey haze right down to the ground surface. Multiple warnings were issued here for people to stay inside with the windows closed. IQAir’s index had our air quality between unhealthy and very unhealthy.
When I left Red Deer for the Meet and Greet in Ponoka yesterday morning the sky was clear but by 9:30 the further north I went the worse it got. The turnout at the meet was pretty low. Reminded me of the meet when we started 12 years ago and were happy to see more than 6 Vettes attend. We ended up with about a dozen, counting a couple that just dropped in for a short visit and then were off again. The Edmonton Vette owners all talked about the smoke condition in Edmonton and it's likely effect on the lower turnout.

Wildfire conditions this coming year was a hot topic, in more ways than one.
Hopefully we get an extended period of rain soon throughout all of the areas of the country that need it.
So sorry it had a negative effect on your event . I know that you folks look forward to it all year. We haven’t had any smoke yet but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. We got maybe an inch of rain the other day but probably, literally, need a foot and a half to alleviate the drought. I think southern Alberta isn’t as bad as central and northern areas but that leaves a lot of dry areas . And of course northern BC and southern NWT are dry as a popcorn fart . Maybe you can schedule another event for perhaps the early fall if the gods willing we start to get some normal rain fall. I just ordered my third HEPA air purifier yesterday just because. Ran two all last summer and never smelled any smoke in the house. Good investment. Going to pack a few K-N 95 masks for the trip. I remember back in 2014 which was a horrific year for fires and smoke that it rained one night and the rain passing through 20 thousand feet of smoke picked up some nasty sticky black goo and left streaks on vehicles and house siding which was next to impossible to remove. Glad I got PPF and Ceramic. ( don’t tell Jack for gods sake, lol. )

So sorry it had a negative effect on your event . I know that you folks look forward to it all year. We haven’t had any smoke yet but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. We got maybe an inch of rain the other day but probably, literally, need a foot and a half to alleviate the drought. I think southern Alberta isn’t as bad as central and northern areas but that leaves a lot of dry areas . And of course northern BC and southern NWT are dry as a popcorn fart . Maybe you can schedule another event for perhaps the early fall if the gods willing we start to get some normal rain fall. I just ordered my third HEPA air purifier yesterday just because. Ran two all last summer and never smelled any smoke in the house. Good investment. Going to pack a few K-N 95 masks for the trip. I remember back in 2014 which was a horrific year for fires and smoke that it rained one night and the rain passing through 20 thousand feet of smoke picked up some nasty sticky black goo and left streaks on vehicles and house siding which was next to impossible to remove. Glad I got PPF and Ceramic. ( don’t tell Jack for gods sake, lol. )
Thanks. No worries about the meet. We had a good time and it wouldn't matter if there had only been two of us. A reason to get out for a run, comradery, and chat with old and new friends is always a bonus. Our fire worries as far as a lot of mid and east central and southern AB are pretty minimal as mostly farmland and fairly minimal forest cover until we get closer to the foothills but none the less, rain is needed badly here for a ton of reasons. Our wind changed this morning and has alleviated the air quality somewhat here for now but still pretty hazy out there. Here's hoping mother nature comes around for us all soon.

Users who are viewing this thread