I stretched it out for a couple of extra weeks but the C8 has gone to bed for the winter as of today.

IMG_4725.jpeg

Put mine away a week ago. Ol' Man Winter slammed into us three weeks early, didn't even have time to give it a wash. Trying to drive a Corvette in the winter in MB will guarantee a shortened lifespan from stress alone, never mind collisions.
Going to get studded tires this year for my Jeep. I find there is more ice in the winters in the last few years.
Yes, more ice and way more salt. It's a salty, slushy mess more than it used to be here in Portage. Even if I was ok with salt all over my car, I like to rock and roll, not pussy foot around on slush and ice. That's what the 4x4 GMC takes care of. You Southern Ontario boys talking about driving your Vettes in the winter. That's not winter. That's just a late fall for us frozen wastelanders.

Underground of your building with no hydro for your tender? Did you cover it?

Its in the underground parking in a condo building. A client of mine has gone to Florida for the winter and let me use her spot until April. Yes, it is covered up (now). There is no plug in the parking stall unfortunately. I will probably just go and start it up once a month and let it run for 15-20 mins.

I will probably just go and start it up once a month and let it run for 15-20 mins.
I wouldn't do that. Starting it and not driving it will not heat up the oil enough to burn off anything. I think you are better off just removing the battery and leaving it.

I wouldn't do that. Starting it and not driving it will not heat up the oil enough to burn off anything. I think you are better off just removing the battery and leaving it.
I thought about just unhooking the battery altogether but for some reason the tech at the local GM store said not to do that?

• Informative
Reactions: Bixter44
I thought about just unhooking the battery altogether but for some reason the tech at the local GM store said not to do that?
All your setting will be lost, but that's about all I can see happening. It will have to relearn things also. My Camaro would stumble and search for idle for a few minutes on first start up. Sometimes stalling, but once it learns it's fine.
Perhaps getting a remote start battery thing from C.T. to charge the battery with every month?

Reactions: Bixter44
I would just top up the battery with a power pack and not bother with unhooking the battery or idling the car inside (not great for oil temp and cat converters temps).

Last time I took a battery out in a car ; had to reprogram windows and that was a royal pain.

Older classics do well without power, new ones not so much.

Got a sweet , wide and secure spot though.

Rolling until the saline goes down. So far no salt on the roads against the shores of lake O but it's going to happen any day now. Was out for a run on the 23rd.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.