roger

You're 5
May 9, 2015
barrie on
VetteCoins
Car
1978 basic
having problems finding premium tires for my 78...eagle rsa on back have only 3000 miles on them but are 16 years old ..eagle ga on front are 22 years old.

eagle gt ll are sold in US only it seems.

1010tires is mail order but have dubious write ups.

Michelin LTX maybe a possibility..(light truck tires)

appreciate any help

....you can look online at Canadian Tire for BF Goodrich or any other brand they may have in that size. Last set I bought they had the best price on T/A's plus there was a $50 mail in rebate. My 82 has the optional 255/60/15's like buckhorn76 has and they fit the car nicely.

yup, you need 4 tires alright. i have cooper cobra 255/60/15 and like them. any good tire shop can order whatever tire you like.

+1 on the Cooper Cobras 255/60/R15. But i had to go 245/60/15 in the front to avoid rubbing. From 78 on the 255 will have no trouble fitting but earlier it is hit and miss. I have seen other guys with 73's running 255 on all four but i was not that lucky.

T

!st thanks 4 all the input..I installed the TAs, white letters out.

I talked to Michelin and they said they are keeping the TAs because of their popularity and that they have been upgraded with Mich. latest technology.
The car runs and steers smoother.

Now I got to get the 8 track out and clean it..it keeps eating tapes.

p.s. Teresa has our camera and will post pic when available

ps again...will the 255/60/r15 fit the 8 inch wide rims...4 next time if I'm still around

!st ...will the 255/60/r15 fit the 8 inch wide rims...4 next time if I'm still around

......I had this posted before but a few posts in this thread never got transferred in the forum switch so here is the info again . As stated by BF Goodrich for Radial T/A's :

225/70/15...........6 - 7.5" rim.

255/60/15...........7 - 9" rim.

....I think you made a wise choice with the Radial T/A's. They are priced right, look good and a decent tire. Cooper's are spaced more so they will pitch rocks. The Trail T/A's are more a truck tire.

Last edited:
Decided to check tire pressure....very confusing on internet.

Door decal says 220 rear ,or 32psi...... 195 front or 28 psi

unloaded(?) 26 rear 20 front

service manual states...increase pressure 4 psi when driving over 75 mph
.. but doesn't spec pressure

32/28 seems reasonable...until I hear differently

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.