Busguy

Casual User
Feb 27, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi All , I was informed by my sales person at WN that I'm at code 3000 , what kind of time line am I looking at delivery of vehicle , also he said 2024 price up by 12 grand , thanks in advance for your help

Hi All , I was informed by my sales person at WN that I'm at code 3000 , what kind of time line am I looking at delivery of vehicle , also he said 2024 price up by 12 grand , thanks in advance for your help

2000 to 3000 goes relatively quickly as soon as 1 day
3000 to 3100 can take as much as 8 to 10 weeks because all the parts have to be in the building before it can advance.
at 3100 some can see a TPW (Tentative or Target Production Week), but at this point that date is very fluid
3100 to 3400 is usually between 6 to 10 days

Reactions: MKinOntario

You'll see a fair number of (mostly disgruntled) posts on these Forums about the largest ever Canadian Corvette price increase in history, for the 2024 year. So yes: unfortunately your sales person is correct on that 2024 price increase. Most dealers are refunding deposits for buyers who ordered before having a clue the price increase would be that much (no one expected it; how could they?). Your post suggests you're prepared to live with it; so good for you if you've got that extra disposable income and can still afford the car.

2000 to 3000 goes relatively quickly as soon as 1 day
3000 to 3100 can take as much as 8 to 10 weeks because all the parts have to be in the building before it can advance.
at 3100 some can see a TPW (Tentative or Target Production Week), but at this point that date is very fluid
3100 to 3400 is usually between 6 to 10 days
thanks

You'll see a fair number of (mostly disgruntled) posts on these Forums about the largest ever Canadian Corvette price increase in history, for the 2024 year. So yes: unfortunately your sales person is correct on that 2024 price increase. Most dealers are refunding deposits for buyers who ordered before having a clue the price increase would be that much (no one expected it; how could they?). Your post suggests you're prepared to live with it; so good for you if you've got that extra disposable income and can still afford the car.
well almost 17 months still waiting , 12 grand , it is what it is ,out of my hands , thanks

When did you get your allocation 2000 order placed/accepted by Chevrolet, and accepted by Production Control 3000 status?
I got my allocation on the 18th August 2023 order placed with Chev, and then advanced to 3000 5 days later (over a weekend).
Realistically, if 2023 production has been extended to just prior to the UAW contract expiry, I'd be surprised to see any 2024 orders moving very quickly towards a TPW, but I'm new at this, too.
Then there's the yes/no on a walkout/strike situation, so keep your fingers/everything crossed, and maybe we'll get lucky. :(:confused:;):D:Banghead:

Reactions: Busguy
My TPW is 08/28. Hopefully the fellas started building it today but I’m not holding my breath.
So, it's a 2023?
I want the car, 2024 is my preferred year for the extra safety tech they added, and of course, that very desirable soft close "frunk".
Not enamored with the added "auto stop" engine feature, but disabling it is as simple as pressing a button. Also, the AFM thing is a bit of a useless addition to a car like the C8.
While we all would have preferred a "normal" price increase, like Busguy says, "it's out of my hands", since I/we want the car.

So, it's a 2023?

I want the car, 2024 is my preferred year for the extra safety tech they added, and of course, that very desirable soft close "frunk".
Not enamored with the added "auto stop" engine feature, but disabling it is as simple as pressing a button. Also, the AFM thing is a bit of a useless addition to a car like the C8.
While we all would have preferred a "normal" price increase, like Busguy says, "it's out of my hands", since I/we want the car.
Hasn't AFM been on the C8s since the beginning?

Another step backwards in the 2024s is changing the way navigation works, where the maps are no longer stored in the car and you must be connected to cellular data for them to be fully functional.

Hasn't AFM been on the C8s since the beginning?

Another step backwards in the 2024s is changing the way navigation works, where the maps are no longer stored in the car and you must be connected to cellular data for them to be fully functional.
Yes to AFM, but it's still useless. Anyone that has the money to buy a high performance car like a C8 (or any) Corvette, probably isn't too concerned about gas mileage.
Doesn't affect me. I have the maps stored in my head.

So, it's a 2023?

Yes, sir, it’s a 2023. Was bummed out initially since the 2024 production was so close but now I’m glad since I saved $12,000.

When did you get your allocation 2000 order placed/accepted by Chevrolet, and accepted by Production Control 3000 status?
I got my allocation on the 18th August 2023 order placed with Chev, and then advanced to 3000 5 days later (over a weekend).
Realistically, if 2023 production has been extended to just prior to the UAW contract expiry, I'd be surprised to see any 2024 orders moving very quickly towards a TPW, but I'm new at this, too.
Then there's the yes/no on a walkout/strike situation, so keep your fingers/everything crossed, and maybe we'll get lucky. :(:confused:;):D:Banghead:
2000 on july 29 and 3000 monday aug 28

Yes to AFM, but it's still useless. Anyone that has the money to buy a high performance car like a C8 (or any) Corvette, probably isn't too concerned about gas mileage.
Doesn't affect me. I have the maps stored in my head.
I would drive off a cliff if Google told me that was the shortest route...

• Haha
Reactions: MKinOntario
2000 on july 29 and 3000 monday aug 28
If your car went 2000 on July 29th, it should have gone 3000 by August 3rd. It would sit at 3000 until August 31st and then change to 3100 status which is order available to sequence. The following Thursday September 7th it would go 3300 status order selected and scheduled for production. Your TPW production week would be the following week being September 11th, which is the final production week for the 2023's making yours one of the last built. This is going to leave very little time to get your car built, through Quality Control and Bayed to be packaged and lined up for shipping before the strike is scheduled to start. Mine took a week to change from 3800 status built, to 4000 status Vehicle available to ship less than two weeks ago. Just keep your fingers crossed your car gets built, through quality control and released to shipping by the 14th of September, as Jack Cooper is not striking and will bring your car as soon as it is released to them.
You should be able to get your VIN# on September 7th from your dealer. Get back to me and let me know what it ends in.
BTW the recent video by Mike on Brink of Speed is incorrect. Vehicles do not sit for 2 weeks in the shipping yard before being able to ship. I had my car loaded in an hour and out of the yard in 90 minutes.

Last edited:
Folks on the other forum are saying UAW will strike against Ford or Stellantis next as they targeted GM 2 years ago. Hopefully we are safe.
That would be great news if it turns out to be correct, but why did GM push the E-Ray launch back almost 6 weeks if they don't think they are being targeted other than the slow roll out they spoke of again at Carlisle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.