Rruuff - if you need any assistance/etc with installing the rockers on your car let me know. The Stage 2 Carbon fiber pieces were fairly simple that I installed on my friend's C7Z06 last fall - just need a drill w/correct bit and a rivet gun.

Thanks NW. tyho installed his back in November using self tapping SS screws instead of the rivets. I'm debating the pros and cons of going that route. Be a lot easier to remove if someone happens to think they are running boards. I'm betting you only step on one once...lol....

Thanks NW. tyho installed his back in November using self tapping SS screws instead of the rivets. I'm debating the pros and cons of going that route. Be a lot easier to remove if someone happens to think they are running boards. I'm betting you only step on one once...lol....

Not sure I would use self tappers on plastic, but I do understand being a bit leery on rivets. Caravaggio sent the exact same rivets as OEM, you can't tell any difference.

Not sure I would use self tappers on plastic, but I do understand being a bit leery on rivets. Caravaggio sent the exact same rivets as OEM, you can't tell any difference.

That's what I thought as well but tyho tells me he used 1/2 inch screws and the ACS rocker rivet positions lined up mostly right to the aluminum frame. He screwed right to the frame and where it lined up with the composite, he screwed right through it and then caught the frame. Are the OEM rivets plastic or Aluminum? The plastic would be easier to remove but will they hold as well?

That's how ACS recommends as well. ahhhh..... too many choices.... lol... Someone was talking about plastic spivets or whatever.... hmmmm.... maybe that was something else... I just thought if I ever had to remove them, drilling the aluminum rivets out would be a drag. But wouldn't trust self tapping to hold unless they were into the frame rail as well.

At the sake of upsetting some vendors I'm going out on a limb here with a company name for performance parts. Canadian company. They were on Dragon's Den and are legit. I ordered my catless Borla x-pipe from them, it arrived in 3 days. The US dollar is making it prohibitive to order parts from the states, plus shipping and tax/duties. The company is called TDotperformance. You can look them up. The x-pipe was $705 all incl. which seems high but given the current exchange and additional fees it's reasonable. I found it in the US, cheapest $419, plus $250 shipping. I hope to install it within the next few weeks. It should go well with the ARH mid length headers, Halltech carbon cai and B & B bullet exhaust, NPP removed.:canada:

That's how ACS recommends as well. ahhhh..... too many choices.... lol... Someone was talking about plastic spivets or whatever.... hmmmm.... maybe that was something else... I just thought if I ever had to remove them, drilling the aluminum rivets out would be a drag. But wouldn't trust self tapping to hold unless they were into the frame rail as well.

Agreed, and they do go into the frame rail, and are easily removable, solid holding power.

If I can finish the home theater soon enough, I will install the insulation kit that I receive from myself for Chrismas + the curb alert + I will install a OBD2 extension in the center console to have my dashlogic in a close range. I will install all the wirring needed for a rear view camera while the carpet is removed. I also have a pair of Caravaggio Daytona seat to install in the same time. Everything have to be done in the same time, I dont want to remove trims and carpet multiple time. My powertrain garanty is ending this year so next summer will probably be the under hood and under car run of mods. Lots of projects but not so much spare time.

Nothing major this year. I have a Baer bump steer kit to install and some tie rod ends to do in the rear to be fully track ready it's season. I also have all my Royal Purple diff and trans fluid ready to go. I just have to wait for good weather so that I'm not freezing my butt off in the garage doing it.
IMG_20151021_173310.jpg

I have a head unit with MP3 capability that I'don't like to install. It would be nice not having the clutter of CD's in the car on road trips.

20150507_145030.jpg
Here's a pic of the Baer bump steer kit. I was working in the States at the time so I was able to order it down there. The part number is on it so I'm sure you could order one from any of the great vendors on the forum.

Thanks Riley P. It's more noticeable since my car is lowered. I went with a slightly narrower tire in the front 245's instead of 275's, so I'm hoping this will help a bit too on the road. I might suffer some grip at the track but it is what it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread