Casual User
You're 5
Jan 17, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06 LB
Hi Friends,

I put my Z06 in for a long snooze without a battery tender and only disconnected the Negative terminal for about 6 months and with only 6 hours on the Corvette Factory charger the battery went green and car started great.

Just thought I would pass on to others as I was a bit worried the battery would discharge after such a long period but it was fine.

I dont have the ability to leave a tender cause no power to my storage area.

Ready for another season.

Cheers.

Great to hear them fire up for the first time after a long winters nap Matt. I just got mine running last week.

I took the battery out of my C5, fairly easy to do on this series of cars and left the battery on the tender all winter. If you disconnected the negative cable there would be no draw and it probably did not take much to top it up.

Enjoy the season and your car.

It is a beauty.

I leave my battery in... with the tender hooked up... luckily have both heat and power.... damn... wish Ontario was closer.....stick around boys.... after I retire you will see this puppy in your back yard.... :Cheers2:

Eric, I used to leave my battery in the car and hooked to the tender. However on the C5 there are so many electronic components right under the battery it just is not a chance I want to take. GM had a problem with batteries leaking acid on to these expensive bits on the C5. I know sealed batteries offer a little more protection but I have never been a fan of them.

Retirement? I thought you just turned 29?:Biggrin:

Retirement? I thought you just turned 29?:Biggrin:

hahahaha.... uhuh... nice touch Murray.... you definitely win the "compliment of the month prize" for that one. C'mon Nik.... how about a new category... my vote is in for Black 03 Z06.... lol....

anyhows.... I thought the focus of the tender/maintainer was to only tweak the charge when the battery needed it.... not to overcharge and spew acid out through the caps or the overflow.... I haven't had a problem yet.... either with my aftermarket tender on the C6 or the fancy new GM Corvette tender that comes with every purchase of a new C7 for the introductory special option price of $1350.00.... oops.... damn.... GM told me not to tell!

Yep, I have been out a few times now, Flash, love the sound of that motor on the on-ramps !

It would be great to meet some corvette forum friends in person. Have to join you guys for one of your rides this summer.

Have a great season all !

Matt

You are a Toronto boy so consider the Thursday night Yorkdale meet. HDR Crew from FB have been going there for years and meet in the parking lot on the north side closest to the ramp from the Highway. They meet every Thurs at 9 (weather permitting) and then take a run through Toronto at 10. It is a great time and they have a spot where we stop for eats later on as well.

Lots of Vettes and you cannot miss the group in the lot. It's a blast...great people and a great opportunity to get some night video with that new PDR.

Woooooo! How excited were you when you first heard your car fire up! Glad to hear it's alive and going! Wooo!

I have a gel battery in my C5 and take the battery out only because it's stored off in the booneys. It's a gel battery. I killed it dead dead dead once and it came back to life but 8 years later I think I'm due for a new one. My gauges keep reverting back to miles when I start it up after it's sat for a few days. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread