Like worrying about a ripped condom .
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With prices today, of fixing something that is not on warranty , is so expensive, that an extended warranty is worth it in my book. Especially cars like these , where they inflate prices because of the name on the car.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With prices today, of fixing something that is not on warranty , is so expensive, that an extended warranty is worth it in my book. Especially cars like these , where they inflate prices because of the name on the car.
Oh I agree especially when you look at the cost of it as a percentage of the total investment. At twenty grand for a transmission…….but I see @Jack Raccoon! ’s point , there is no point in worrying about what hasn’t happened and you can’t do anything about until it does, if it does anyway. If you were it would be a heck of a long list.

Oh I agree especially when you look at the cost of it as a percentage of the total investment. At twenty grand for a transmission…….but I see @Jack Raccoon! ’s point , there is no point in worrying about what hasn’t happened and you can’t do anything about until it does, if it does anyway. If you were it would be a heck of a long list.
True we cannot predict the future but that is my point. I do not want to take a loan out to fix my car. :Ack2: I never buy those unless my boss (wife) tells me and even then but for this car , I thought it safe and a good investment. I have heard lots of stories at the race track in Napierville , where a few C8s left on a float.

I don't think I've ever bought an extended warranty for anything in my life until this car. I completely understand bathtub curves etc., but getting 2 more years on the powertrain and 4 more years on everything else was worth the $2k just for the peace of mind. I'm sure almost any electronics repair would cost at least that. Plus I got the very last of the 2023s, so I figured I'd put $2k of the $12k savings into not having to worry about anything for (almost) as long as I'll likely own the car.

A guy on facebook has had his C8 for 2 weeks and is going to sell it and get his C6 GS back.
He doesn't mention whether it's a stick car or not and he claims his C6 was "as fast" as his C8. LOL.
I can understand his preference, but why anyone would go to all that trouble is beyond me.
who on earth really cares one way or another what a “guy” thinks of a car?????????

I took the X warranty when I bought my C7.
And I got to use it.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, the cost of the part and labour ($85) was below the warranty threshold so I got to spend my own money again.
FYI - The power plug in the trunk fell apart so I couldn't use the trickle charger