And this has anything remotely connected to a Corvette? Just asking? If you are connected to the internet and have a smart phone your privacy went out the window long ago.
Single payer healthcare and income taxes took it long before the internet existed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
Went to school with a guy who worked at a Sears Distribution centre.
There was a "shrinkage" (theft) problem at the centre so they brought in a P.I.
Once he had done his sniffing he brought each employee in one at a time and went over their spending habits. He knew how much they spent and where they spent it. All through their C.C. accounts. So he could compare the employee salary vs purchases. If it was out of whack then where was the money coming from.
And this was in the mid 70's.
If your worried about your data being out there you had better go off grid full time.
No more "cookies" for you.
Otherwise just accept it and don't worry about it. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!

Went to school with a guy who worked at a Sears Distribution centre.
There was a "shrinkage" (theft) problem at the centre so they brought in a P.I.
Once he had done his sniffing he brought each employee in one at a time and went over their spending habits. He knew how much they spent and where they spent it. All through their C.C. accounts. So he could compare the employee salary vs purchases. If it was out of whack then where was the money coming from.
And this was in the mid 70's.
If your worried about your data being out there you had better go off grid full time.
No more "cookies" for you.
Otherwise just accept it and don't worry about it. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!
Reality sucks, eh? ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
And if you think it’s any different while out for a Sunday drive think again. I’m not aware a way to put your car behind a VPN although I do recommend installing one on your router if it will work on the factory firmware. If not you can always flash it with DD-WRT or TOMATO .

Last edited:
And this has anything remotely connected to a Corvette? Just asking? If you are connected to the internet and have a smart phone your privacy went out the window long ago.
This 'Off Topic' thread connects to everything. Amazon, automobiles, televisions, smart phones, or just walking down the street and noticing all the mounted video cameras focused on you everywhere. Or maybe you have one of those home pod thingys that turns on your lights, Tv, furnace, starts your car, turns on music, and listens to you. Won't be long before it will cook your supper and turn on your wife for you too.... ;)

Looks like a very limited range. Fine for keys, etc. but for a stolen car?
As far as I know they work the same as apple air tags
Looks like a very limited range. Fine for keys, etc. but for a stolen car?
Here is a pretty good explanation. They use Bluetooth basically but not just from your device. I have heard of people tracking lost luggage even thousands of miles away. There obviously are privacy concerns but privacy these days is something that you have to work harder at maintaining unfortunately but now disconcertingly the way of the world. 1984 in 2023 .

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
All these things depend a LOT on others.
So someone who has the same app has to be within range of the tile I assume? I have trackers on both my dogs. $130 per year subscription, GPS coverage and it advises me both on my phone and by email when they leave a perimeter that I define. Shows me on my phone exactly where they are anywhere in the world and anywhere in the world I happen to be, it shows me exactly where they are. Relies on no one else. I could put the tracker in my car and it would do the same thing. Other than the battery would run down after a few days so would have to be hard wired to keep it charged.

Reactions: Murray20c8
So someone who has the same app has to be within range of the tile I assume? I have trackers on both my dogs. $130 per year subscription, GPS coverage and it advises me both on my phone and by email when they leave a perimeter that I define. Shows me on my phone exactly where they are anywhere in the world and anywhere in the world I happen to be, it shows me exactly where they are. Relies on no one else. I could put the tracker in my car and it would do the same thing. Other than the battery would run down after a few days so would have to be hard wired to keep it charged.
No need for them to have the app . As long as they have location service turned on which most people do. That’s the beauty of it. Think of how long the battery in a watch lasts.

All these things depend a LOT on others.
Everyone has either an Android based phone or an iPhone these days. And most have location enabled so they are constantly connected to the “ grid “ . It’s in a way like Quaking Aspen trees which are the largest single living organism on the planet. We actually have some on our property. If you didn’t know better you would think they are individual trees but in fact are all one . And quite nice the way the leaves quiver in the wind. Some are spread over miles . Raspberries are the same as are most spices of mushrooms actually. Think Rhizomes. Interesting stuff.

Rhizome - Wikipedia

Largest organisms - Wikipedia

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread