I'm a huge sim racer. Been on iRacing for 4 years. I have a full setup. VRS DD wheel base, Cube Controls Wheel, VRS pedals, custom rig, custom dash, custom button box. I have tactiles in my seat so I can feel the road and bumps. I belong to several teams that compete in endurance racing.

Attachments

• 20240101_134432.jpg
    20240101_134432.jpg
    760 KB · Views: 0
I'm a huge sim racer. Been on iRacing for 4 years. I have a full setup. VRS DD wheel base, Cube Controls Wheel, VRS pedals, custom rig, custom dash, custom button box. I have tactiles in my seat so I can feel the road and bumps. I belong to several teams that compete in endurance racing.
No, we are talking Mario Kart! LOL
Different league. My tactiles in my seat so I can feel myself fart. That's about it for me. ;)
You are way beyond me.

Reactions: Billclerm
What kind do you do?
Assetto Corsa Competizione , Race Room Racing Experience, EA WRC , Dirt Rally 2.0 . Years ago I used to play all of the Need For Speed type
games and they were fun but not terribly realistic. I had a Logitech G-25 wheel and pedals with shifter which was ok but lots of input delay and not a lot of accurate feedback to say the least. Didn’t use it for probably 5 or 6 years now but decided to get back into it as it’s something that I always enjoyed.
So I decided to step it up a bit and just ordered a Logitech G Pro direct drive wheel which has 11 Neuton meters of torque and load cell pedals. The brake actually is load cell with, thankfully adjustable 100 kg resistance. The wheel can be mounted on a sturdy desk but in for a penny I also ordered a Next Level Racing Gt Track simulator cockpit ( NLR -S009 ) . The wheel has arrived but the cockpit hasn’t yet.

I will pick up iRacing after I pay for everything else I just invested in ! Steam sales are a killer, lol . I had iRacing years ago but a lot of the content as you know is “ pay to play “ and I couldn’t really afford it at the time and with a cheap wheel etc couldn’t really do it justice at the time due to the very realistic nature of the game. Looking forward to getting it all together hopefully next week. Fun hobby especially if you love to drive and I love to drive! . Nice looking setup you have. I used 3 Dell Ultra Sharp 1920 x 1200 monitors on an Ergotron tripple stand before . Now using an LG 65 inch C9 OLED but I think I may go to a 49 inch ultra wide.

Assetto Corsa Competizione , Race Room Racing Experience, EA WRC , Dirt Rally 2.0 . Years ago I used to play all of the Need For Speed type
games and they were fun but not terribly realistic. I had a Logitech G-25 wheel and pedals with shifter which was ok but lots of input delay and not a lot of accurate feedback to say the least. Didn’t use it for probably 5 or 6 years now but decided to get back into it as it’s something that I always enjoyed.
So I decided to step it up a bit and just ordered a Logitech G Pro direct drive wheel which has 11 Neuton meters of torque and load cell pedals. The brake actually is load cell with, thankfully adjustable 100 kg resistance. The wheel can be mounted on a sturdy desk but in for a penny I also ordered a Next Level Racing Gt Track simulator cockpit ( NLR -S009 ) . The wheel has arrived but the cockpit hasn’t yet.
WOW!! $$$$$

A friend does league racing like jwl300. Beyond what I have time for. I'll stick to my drums ;)

1704140029825.png

Careful with the LG Oled's They burn in easy. We have a 60 inch LG Oled with CP24 permanently displayed.
Always that possibility for sure. The C9 at least does have a pixel refresh feature which mitigates it greatly though. It static images that are the issue as I’m sure you know. We have I believe around 9,500 hrs on this panel which I have used as a desktop monitor for a lot of those, when allowed of course, and knock on wood no issues yet.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Always that possibility for sure. The C9 at least does have a pixel refresh feature which mitigates it greatly though. It static images that are the issue as I’m sure you know. We have I believe around 9,500 hrs on this panel which I have used as a desktop monitor for a lot of those, when allowed of course, and knock on wood no issues yet.
Ya, ours has the refresh also, though not a C9. We replaced it with a Sony Oled. As long as we don't leave anything on it for too long I guess we are both OK. Funny, Samsung invented the oled but have abandoned it with their TV's. I think their cell phones still use them, though not quite the same.

Found a good pic of my friends setup.

View attachment 118223
Nice. He needs a bit more ice in his rum and coke though. It can be a very addictive hobby. The sim racing that is. Hours can go by in a flash. Great escapism to take your mind away from thing’s for a while.

Ya, ours has the refresh also, though not a C9. We replaced it with a Sony Oled. As long as we don't leave anything on it for too long I guess we are both OK. Funny, Samsung invented the oled but have abandoned it with their TV's. I think their cell phones still use them, though not quite the same.
Even with the burn in possibility you can’t, so far , beat the infinite contrast and picture quality of OLED from what I have seen. I’m still amazed every time I look at it especially if you feed it a true 4K HDR input.

• Agree
Even with the burn in possibility you can’t, so far , beat the infinite contrast and picture quality of OLED from what I have seen. I’m still amazed every time I look at it especially if you feed it a true 4K HDR input.
Absolutely! We have an 80 inch vizio 4K LED and I'm still dumbfounded watching the same content on the 65 inch Sony Oled. The pictures just jump out of the screen!

Here is too much information, lol . It does actually name the individuals who first came across the properties of Organic Light Emitting Diodes. Smart cookies.

Found a good pic of my friends setup.

View attachment 118223
I’ll post a pic when I get everything setup . I’m looking forward to trying out a virtual C-8 as sadly I have yet to receive mine. Although I have been assured that I “ should “ see it before the snow goes. Fingers , toes , arms and legs crossed.

Here is too much information, lol . It does actually name the individuals who first came across the properties of Organic Light Emitting Diodes. Smart cookies.
Ya, I guess it was Samsung that made it popular. I've always been a proponent for light emitting pixels. We've had mostly Plasma or Oled TV's. LCD/LED panels are cheap so I have them where quality of picture isn't as important like my tv in front of me that is mostly for sports. One has to weigh quality vs price. <sigh>

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
I’ll post a pic when I get everything setup . I’m looking forward to trying out a virtual C-8 as sadly I have yet to receive mine. Although I have been assured that I “ should “ see it before the snow goes. Fingers , toes , arms and legs crossed.

So anytime between now and August. Let us know when the plow makes it's last run down your street so you can take delivery...

Reactions: 1st Vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread