Jul 31, 2021
Manitoba
VetteCoins
Car
Red Mist 2023 Coupe
Province
MB
I'm debating if I should rotate the tires this fall before I put away my 2023. I've always rotated tires on my other cars, but only front to rear and vice versa.

I don't think I will rotate the tires on the C8. Here is my logic:

1) I believe tires take a "set" in their initial direction of travel and I'm not a fan of changing that direction by swapping from one side to the other.
2) Should the tires wear unevenly on one side or another, I would want at least the chance to know about it by observation.
3) I just don't put enough kms on the C8 to actually wear out a set of tires. Or at least I haven't so far ;)

How many people on this forum do the rotation, and how many don't ?

I rotate tires side to side around 12K on all my cars. My personal experience is that it does extend tire life.

I recall being told that the C8s at Spring Mountain start out with a new set of tires for the first day of the 2 day program they have for the C8. After the first day on the track, they swap tires side to side to even out tire wear. After the 2 day session, the tires get mounted on the cars they use on the skid pad. After that, the tires go onto the instructors cars and are used until they are completely worn out.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I'm debating if I should rotate the tires this fall before I put away my 2023. I've always rotated tires on my other cars, but only front to rear and vice versa.

I don't think I will rotate the tires on the C8. Here is my logic:

1) I believe tires take a "set" in their initial direction of travel and I'm not a fan of changing that direction by swapping from one side to the other.
2) Should the tires wear unevenly on one side or another, I would want at least the chance to know about it by observation.
3) I just don't put enough kms on the C8 to actually wear out a set of tires. Or at least I haven't so far ;)

How many people on this forum do the rotation, and how many don't ?

Yea I do " rotate " my tires just for good measure ... is it necessary ? Probably not

Iv had the C8 for 3 years now and only have 5500 k on it and the tires still look like the day they were put on ... and I still get blasted with that glorious smell every time I open a door or the rear hatch

Originally tried rotating them in a criss cross pattern :Nono1: ... but for some strange reason that just didnt work out :oops::D

My car sits with the stock wheels for the winter months ... but these will be going on soon

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0