Nice to be one of the few people you have responded to and glad you liked the article. I encourage you to go if you have the opportunity.
Not sure if you have a C8 in your future, but that would be something to look forward to. Unfortunate you had rain for your laps, I hope
they didn't charge you much to go around in the bad weather.
Hey Scott, I thought I replied to your excellent report, however I don’t see it here! I’m signing up and going October 18 & 19. Can’t wait! Would love to hear your thoughts first hand. Cheers

Reactions: Vanguard2001
Would be nice if you would give us your opinion and experience when you return.
Yes, absolutely. The other members have gone in the past and rave about it! So much so that quite a few have been several times! You apparently get to drive a C8, Camaro 1LE, Cadillac CTV4 and 5 all on the same day, then do a hot lap with one of the instructors.

I’m going next Tuesday July 11th with the Niagara Corvette Club. Doing Spring Mountain this October as well!
I was supposed to be made a member of that club by Joe Bello. What’s the cost of your track day?

A few nights ago, I mentioned I was overlooking the Las Vegas strip waiting to check in at Ron Fellows and I heard back from a few of you wanting to know what it was like.
When I booked to go 5 months ago, I wasn't counting on the Stanley Cup to be paraded by my hotel the night before my return still in disbelief that Vegas actually did win the cup this year after only being around for 6 seasons.
It's hard to know were to start this topic as the past two days have been a quick reminder that it's been too long since I was there the last time when all that was there was the big track and we ran the C5's on it 23 years ago before Ron got involved in 2004.
When you go to this class, you will try things out that you would mostly never try on your car unless you happen to have a wet skid pad on your property.
On day one after the classroom sessions they introduce you to the 1.5 mile track, get you testing the ABS system and perfecting accident avoidance, understanding
car control and fully understanding and trusting performance traction management, stabilitrak and all the driving safety features that are in the car.
You will be taken out onto the skid pad to test both steering the car over wet surfaces with full ABS applied and later get acquainted with what the systems in the car do to save you where you will test them both on and off on a skid pad putting the car into a full spin on purpose then recovering with the systems engaged. Again, not something your likely to do with your car!
After your three exercise warm up your back to class to learn about the importance of visual scanning and the 8 steps to cornering. Braking, turn in, balance and the proper unwind for example helped me shave 8 seconds a lap off my lap time on day two. It took one lap with the instructor to understand how hard they wanted me braking from 112 mph near the end of the straight and how to do a better job trail braking while resisting the temptation to get back on the gas before clipping the apex. They want you to really push hard between corners hitting all the right spots on the track to carry way more speed and set yourself up properly for the next braking zone. The majority of people will never even try what they want you to do here on the first day. You won't be in "D", you'll be using the paddle shifters here, where there's a full review of the PDR and your given an SD card that's installed in your car with the track
overlay installed. You will be given a laptop later sit with one of the instructors who looks at your line, how hard you braked, when, where and how you let off, when you were on the throttle and how much you applied when coming out of each corner to ensure your balance and unwinding was proper to approach the next tricky corner which was downhill, uphill or beyond the dip in the road where you need to let of the throttle for a split second to stay smooth before you shift into 5th.
After each track session your laps times are recorded by the instructors who use them to determine which group you will be put with on day two. There's 18 in each class and they want to keep you in a grouping with drivers of similar performance. The blue group is the fastest, green group is the middle and the red group is for those that had the slowest times. They want everyone to feel comfortable and each group does all of the same six exercises on day two including launch control, a timed autocross where you also get three timed practice runs, and three timed track sessions. There is three classroom sessions where all the car modes are reviewed, early vs late apex is discussed garage talk and a video of how to drive the track to get the best lap times.
The instructors are looking for improvement. How much better are you on day two, compared to when you arrived.? There's a timed autocross competition where you find out how you did during graduation and after your final track session they ask you how you did and want to see everyone's lap time to compare progress.
There is a lot packed into two days over just 16 hours and all your time in the car is recorded for review while there and for you to review later as well.
It's intense but it gives you a sense of what these cars are capable of and no matter how hard your think your driving your car, they will show you how to get way more out of it.
One driver from the red group dropped out of the afternoon lapping session on the final day who was uncomfortable and couldn't keep up. I didn't hear what he said over the radio as I was in another group as each group has a different channel for your instructor to speak to you. Only 3 cars per instructor on the race track.
Registration for the Z06 school is now open as well with two having been completed so far. The Z06's run about 3 seconds a lap faster than we were able to run in the Z51 stingrays.
If you go to the stingray school, you can return for the Z06 school as well which I plan on doing next year. Perhaps we can get a group of us going if we can get our damn cars?
There is approximately 200 Corvettes at the school, 17 are Z06's. All fully loaded 3LT coupes with Z51, magnetic ride control and front lift. The tires last about six days. Oil is changed every 1,000 miles, DCT filters are changed every 2000 miles and transmission fluid every 4000 miles. The cars are kept now until 10,000 miles and are all cycled out each year.
This is the car I drove while there with my class mates all around me. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
View attachment 110412
I enjoyed the experience and was surprised just how much more 99% of we "street" drivers could wring out of our Z51s at home, if we could find a safe place...Happy Motoring!

This is my 2nd Vette and the last - now 77.5! Should have started buying them when I was younger. That said I love the 2019 GS but it is A8, would prefer the M7 I had in the 2017 stingray.

I usually drive in manual mode and love downshifting on approach to stops and roundabouts with exhaust full open. Best smile generator. By the way, quiet roundabouts and on/off ramps are great places to keep up some of the learned RF skills. Some days, I just cruise the 417 on off ramps near my home in Navan. Great fun!

The Z06 training should be amazing but if the bucks are available take the level 2 course ALSO. I regret not doing it despite having the opportunity.
Maybe I should come and see you when I'm in Greely later this year when my friend Z06 shows up I ordered for him in Orleans.
I am always in manual mode and rip through roundabouts like they were almost straight. The cars a ton of fun wherever you drive it.
I did a 3 day level one when the track first opened and hadn't been back with the covid delays until last month. I would love to drive
on a track every month. I got into buying these cars at 24 and about to get my 9th Corvette. They just keep making them better and better!

A few nights ago, I mentioned I was overlooking the Las Vegas strip waiting to check in at Ron Fellows and I heard back from a few of you wanting to know what it was like.
When I booked to go 5 months ago, I wasn't counting on the Stanley Cup to be paraded by my hotel the night before my return still in disbelief that Vegas actually did win the cup this year after only being around for 6 seasons.
It's hard to know were to start this topic as the past two days have been a quick reminder that it's been too long since I was there the last time when all that was there was the big track and we ran the C5's on it 23 years ago before Ron got involved in 2004.
When you go to this class, you will try things out that you would mostly never try on your car unless you happen to have a wet skid pad on your property.
On day one after the classroom sessions they introduce you to the 1.5 mile track, get you testing the ABS system and perfecting accident avoidance, understanding
car control and fully understanding and trusting performance traction management, stabilitrak and all the driving safety features that are in the car.
You will be taken out onto the skid pad to test both steering the car over wet surfaces with full ABS applied and later get acquainted with what the systems in the car do to save you where you will test them both on and off on a skid pad putting the car into a full spin on purpose then recovering with the systems engaged. Again, not something your likely to do with your car!
After your three exercise warm up your back to class to learn about the importance of visual scanning and the 8 steps to cornering. Braking, turn in, balance and the proper unwind for example helped me shave 8 seconds a lap off my lap time on day two. It took one lap with the instructor to understand how hard they wanted me braking from 112 mph near the end of the straight and how to do a better job trail braking while resisting the temptation to get back on the gas before clipping the apex. They want you to really push hard between corners hitting all the right spots on the track to carry way more speed and set yourself up properly for the next braking zone. The majority of people will never even try what they want you to do here on the first day. You won't be in "D", you'll be using the paddle shifters here, where there's a full review of the PDR and your given an SD card that's installed in your car with the track
overlay installed. You will be given a laptop later sit with one of the instructors who looks at your line, how hard you braked, when, where and how you let off, when you were on the throttle and how much you applied when coming out of each corner to ensure your balance and unwinding was proper to approach the next tricky corner which was downhill, uphill or beyond the dip in the road where you need to let of the throttle for a split second to stay smooth before you shift into 5th.
After each track session your laps times are recorded by the instructors who use them to determine which group you will be put with on day two. There's 18 in each class and they want to keep you in a grouping with drivers of similar performance. The blue group is the fastest, green group is the middle and the red group is for those that had the slowest times. They want everyone to feel comfortable and each group does all of the same six exercises on day two including launch control, a timed autocross where you also get three timed practice runs, and three timed track sessions. There is three classroom sessions where all the car modes are reviewed, early vs late apex is discussed garage talk and a video of how to drive the track to get the best lap times.
The instructors are looking for improvement. How much better are you on day two, compared to when you arrived.? There's a timed autocross competition where you find out how you did during graduation and after your final track session they ask you how you did and want to see everyone's lap time to compare progress.
There is a lot packed into two days over just 16 hours and all your time in the car is recorded for review while there and for you to review later as well.
It's intense but it gives you a sense of what these cars are capable of and no matter how hard your think your driving your car, they will show you how to get way more out of it.
One driver from the red group dropped out of the afternoon lapping session on the final day who was uncomfortable and couldn't keep up. I didn't hear what he said over the radio as I was in another group as each group has a different channel for your instructor to speak to you. Only 3 cars per instructor on the race track.
Registration for the Z06 school is now open as well with two having been completed so far. The Z06's run about 3 seconds a lap faster than we were able to run in the Z51 stingrays.
If you go to the stingray school, you can return for the Z06 school as well which I plan on doing next year. Perhaps we can get a group of us going if we can get our damn cars?
There is approximately 200 Corvettes at the school, 17 are Z06's. All fully loaded 3LT coupes with Z51, magnetic ride control and front lift. The tires last about six days. Oil is changed every 1,000 miles, DCT filters are changed every 2000 miles and transmission fluid every 4000 miles. The cars are kept now until 10,000 miles and are all cycled out each year.
This is the car I drove while there with my class mates all around me. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
View attachment 110412
Yes!

For guys that have been there, how long after you get delivery can you go to Spring Mountain?
My understanding is that you need to book your program within 12 months after delivery. Does that mean you have to be there within 12 months? I don't think so, I think you just have to make the booking. But give them a call, they are very helpful.

Maybe I should come and see you when I'm in Greely later this year when my friend Z06 shows up I ordered for him in Orleans.
I am always in manual mode and rip through roundabouts like they were almost straight. The cars a ton of fun wherever you drive it.
I did a 3 day level one when the track first opened and hadn't been back with the covid delays until last month. I would love to drive
on a track every month. I got into buying these cars at 24 and about to get my 9th Corvette. They just keep making them better and better!
Orleans, Myers Chev is where I bought my first Vette, 2017 Stingray Couple M7. Wonderful car. Look me up anytime. Retired and only med appointments that interrupt my availability. 😩

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
My understanding is that you need to book your program within 12 months after delivery. Does that mean you have to be there within 12 months? I don't think so, I think you just have to make the booking. But give them a call, they are very helpful.
Your supposed to attend within the first year of your delivery date.

Scott, You are local to us so join us at Grand Bend sometime to really get on it! Some of us also get to CTMP from this area fairly often which is world class for sure and really shows the C8 ability. We run in groups where passing is limited and only allowed when the person in front signals to permit the pass to happen, so no surprises. Grand Bend is very safe due to the open fields around the track. I run totally stock except for aftermarket pads rotors and brake fluid.

Scott, You are local to us so join us at Grand Bend sometime to really get on it! Some of us also get to CTMP from this area fairly often which is world class for sure and really shows the C8 ability. We run in groups where passing is limited and only allowed when the person in front signals to permit the pass to happen, so no surprises. Grand Bend is very safe due to the open fields around the track. I run totally stock except for aftermarket pads rotors and brake fluid.
What do your track days cost and do you have a schedule?

What do your track days cost and do you have a schedule?
Grand Bend Motorplex Wed. Whitelaw Automotive Lapping evg. is the easiest way to start. $100 registered in advance for 3-4 hours. There are about 10 evg. per season see the schedule. The schedule is on the Grand Bend Motorplex site. 2023 Raceway Schedule – Grand Bend Motorplex . There are days also available from $150 for 6-7 hours plus if you get to know some of the others who go to these events - private rentals are available to share once they know you are familiar with the track for about $200/day. Your first time out ask at the mandatory drivers meeting if there is an advanced driver that will go out with you for your first session. A few of these guys are trained instructors. Show up early and introduce yourself to the other drivers who all keen to give advice.
If you want to go to CTMP there are definitely trained instructors to accompany you and provide instruction. Quite a few to chose from at CTMP for $400 to $700/day, Driveteq Track days, Driveteq.ca, Apex Driver Training apexdriving.ca, Speed Therapy speedtherapy.com and BMW Trillium Car Club Advanced Driver School. BMW Car Club is only $70 to join and most who attend do not have a BMW. It offers the good driver training especially for beginners over a 2 day weekend for about $750. I go to Speed Therapy for most of their events and it is only$400/day and you get the most track time. My favourite one within a days drive is ASE Lapping club Racing school held at Calabogie in May each year ASE Lapping Club .
All Lapping events are in groups based on experience. i.e. Grand Bend evg. lapping 3 groups at 15 minutes each per session. Every time I go there is always someone new. You can also show up at Grand Bend and enter for free as a spectator if you want to check it out. You will need a helmet if you are on track and most tracks will rent you one if you don't have one.
I plan to be at Vettefest and would be happy to meet and tell you more. Red C8 lic plate GM MUSL my name is Hal.

Let me know when this happens, I will make myself available for the festivities.

I’m going next Tuesday July 11th with the Niagara Corvette Club. Doing Spring Mountain this October as well!
How was it yesterday? I hope you missed the rain. I checked with the club about going and it wasn't a drive your car on the track event that they wanted $1200 to drive other Cadillac, Camaro and Corvettes probably belonging to Ron or GM. I was advised by the VP of the Niagara Corvette Club that the event was full.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06