Yes. You can only watch so much. Nice to have selection given the state of “ regular “ TV . How is your internet speed and bandwidth in your relatively rural area? We get 125 Mbps down and 12.5 up for ONLY $149 per month. No cap .
We have Satellite TV. I'm on Bells rural internet. I think it's 5G based. We get 25 mbps which is usually plenty. Unlimited $106 a month. drops to 10 Mbps after 350GB There are no wires entering my property. There was a bell line, but we are too far from the nearest Bell Dist center for DSL, but I cut it anyway. When we moved here dial-up was good enough. LOL

We have Satellite TV. I'm on Bells rural internet. I think it's 5G based. We get 25 mbps which is usually plenty. Unlimited $106 a month. drops to 10 Mbps after 350GB There are no wires entering my property. There was a bell line, but we are too far from the nearest Bell Dist center for DSL, but I cut it anyway. When we moved here dial-up was good enough. LOL
25 mbps is enough even to stream 4K . Definitely beats a phone modem.

25 mbps is enough even to stream 4K . Definitely beats a phone modem.
Yup, we stream 4K pretty much flawlessly. We had almost no options. Every provider I contacted couldn't get a signal. I tried satellite internet with Xplornet and they lied and cheated their customers. First month was great and the second and third we were choked. I was told I could cancel any time, but on page 30 of their "Acceptable Usage Policy" which we all have to sign, it said I had to pay for a year to cancel!!!! Fockers!
Then it was Rogers cellular. Worked decently, but streaming was hit and miss. Finally my neighbour called and someone representing bell hooked them up to rural internet. Great! ... or so I thought. My neighbour is 3 properties further from the tower, but Bell refused to come out and even test it! I was outside their area!! I called several times and escalated the issue! I told them I drew a line from my neighbours antenna to the tower and it went right over my house! Finally one of the reps I talked to changed my address and created a work order. LOL. The tech called because he couldn't find that address. I told him where I actually was and when he came he couldn't get a signal of minimum quality anywhere! He climbed on my roof. He went to the street! I pleaded with him to keep looking! I had no other options! HE walked all over the property and finally got a signal almost 300 feet from my house! LOL! He planted his foot on the ground and said "Put a post here!" so I did. 300 feet is almost the maximum for Cat5e, but PHEW! I've only had an issue once and the antenna had to be adjusted, but it's now been several years and knock on wood!
I dream of fibre being installed down our street. The town of Uxbridge had cable, but for them it wasn't good enough so they added fibre and screw us! LOL

I use to like Turkey for Christmas Dinner, but it made me sleepy. Kinda like how this thread has progressed. Murray, throw a lock on yourself, slop the pigs and grab a bucket of water from the well...
Click on my avatar and click ignore. Otherwise crawl back into your den! Winter isn't over yet!

Yup, we stream 4K pretty much flawlessly. We had almost no options. Every provider I contacted couldn't get a signal. I tried satellite internet with Xplornet and they lied and cheated their customers. First month was great and the second and third we were choked. I was told I could cancel any time, but on page 30 of their "Acceptable Usage Policy" which we all have to sign, it said I had to pay for a year to cancel!!!! Fockers!
Then it was Rogers cellular. Worked decently, but streaming was hit and miss. Finally my neighbour called and someone representing bell hooked them up to rural internet. Great! ... or so I thought. My neighbour is 3 properties further from the tower, but Bell refused to come out and even test it! I was outside their area!! I called several times and escalated the issue! I told them I drew a line from my neighbours antenna to the tower and it went right over my house! Finally one of the reps I talked to changed my address and created a work order. LOL. The tech called because he couldn't find that address. I told him where I actually was and when he came he couldn't get a signal of minimum quality anywhere! He climbed on my roof. He went to the street! I pleaded with him to keep looking! I had no other options! HE walked all over the property and finally got a signal almost 300 feet from my house! LOL! He planted his foot on the ground and said "Put a post here!" so I did. 300 feet is almost the maximum for Cat5e, but PHEW! I've only had an issue once and the antenna had to be adjusted, but it's now been several years and knock on wood!
I dream of fibre being installed down our street. The town of Uxbridge had cable, but for them it wasn't good enough so they added fibre and screw us! LOL
Glad to hear after all of that you finally got something acceptable. What a run around . Some folks I know are very happy with Starlink . There are deals available on the hardware sometimes, maybe even subsidies from the Feds though their rural connectivity program. Not sure how far past the last bus stop you have to be but worth a look perhaps. Apparently it can be quite fast. I’m sure you are familiar with it but here is the link.

Glad to hear after all of that you finally got something acceptable. What a run around . Some folks I know are very happy with Starlink . There are deals available on the hardware sometimes, maybe even subsidies from the Feds though their rural connectivity program. Not sure how far past the last bus stop you have to be but worth a look perhaps. Apparently it can be quite fast. I’m sure you are familiar with it but here is the link.
I tried a couple of years ago. I was late.

• Sad
Reactions: 1st Vette
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread