Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins

What is a passkey?​

Passkeys are a secure replacement for passwords and/or second factor authentication. They take many forms ranging from physical devices (e.g. Yubikeys) to biometric authentication built in to your phone or computer (Windows Hello/fingerprint, FaceID in Macs and iPhones). Some types of passkeys can even be synced across all of your devices, for example I can setup a passkey using my fingerprint on my Windows Laptop which is then synchronised with my Android Phone and authenticated using Face Identification. Or you may have a password manager such as 1Password, Dashlane, Bitwarden or Proton Pass which synchronise your passkeys across different browsers and devices.

They are extremely secure, extremely easy to set up and extremely easy to use.

What does it do?​

Simply put, allows you to login to CCF without keying in a password (or a username or email ID).

When can I start using it?​

Soon as we update our core platform software the options to login/enable passkeys will be rolled out to most.

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC and Dik

What is a passkey?​

Passkeys are a secure replacement for passwords and/or second factor authentication. They take many forms ranging from physical devices (e.g. Yubikeys) to biometric authentication built in to your phone or computer (Windows Hello/fingerprint, FaceID in Macs and iPhones). Some types of passkeys can even be synced across all of your devices, for example I can setup a passkey using my fingerprint on my Windows Laptop which is then synchronised with my Android Phone and authenticated using Face Identification. Or you may have a password manager such as 1Password, Dashlane, Bitwarden or Proton Pass which synchronise your passkeys across different browsers and devices.

They are extremely secure, extremely easy to set up and extremely easy to use.

What does it do?​

Simply put, allows you to login to CCF without keying in a password (or a username or email ID).

When can I start using it?​

Soon as we update our core platform software the options to login/enable passkeys will be rolled out to most.

My CCF password is 10 years old and I forgot what it was 9 years ago. Good thing I never log out.... :Banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread