Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the one at Addison that is being sold at MSRP? I noticed your last sale was from Addison. Actually, it seems all of your posts have to do with selling Vettes. Are you a salesman or a Supporting Vendor ?

CorvetteKing said:
Moderated, please post in the Classifieds and follow the classified posting rules.

yes good question Les --

Have u got those prices right? If so it doesn't seem like a very attractive deal to me/

CorvetteKing will you contact Riley P for details on vending and sponsorship please.

c.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have little respect for any dealer selling above MSRP. In my opinion it taints General Motors as a whole.
GM has set MSRP's as to what consumers expect to pay at an advertised price, or less to any dealers offering a discount.

The Pricing is correct This is not a New Z06 it is used with 59 km on it (no MSRP for used cars) this post is not to be taken as an advertisement for any dealership.
As we are a group of corvette owners we can all appreciate the value of this car with its high demand and low allocation.
This post was only to be helpful to someone wishing to own this amazing car and not be put on a 2 year waiting list.

$123,000 plus 13% tax is $139,000 all in right? I am not from Ontario but think that what the tax is. So, this car is only $4,000 above a all tax in cost. 59 km is nothing unless it is all burnouts. haha

Unless it is $143,000 plus tax which doesn't seem to be as the above post says.>>>. this post is not to be taken as an advertisement for any dealership.

Makes my ZR1 cheap 4 years ago for what I paid! :)

Brian

The Pricing is correct This is not a New Z06 it is used with 59 km on it (no MSRP for used cars) this post is not to be taken as an advertisement for any dealership.
As we are a group of corvette owners we can all appreciate the value of this car with its high demand and low allocation.
This post was only to be helpful to someone wishing to own this amazing car and not be put on a 2 year waiting list.
Fair enough --- and kudos for trying to help someone.
C.

Can you post information or a link for the sale at all? Autotrader?

Also with 59k, is this a Canadian or US vehicle? This appears as though it might be a brand new US vehicle being sold as it has to...used...in Canada.

$123,000 plus 13% tax is $139,000 all in right? I am not from Ontario but think that what the tax is. So, this car is only $4,000 above a all tax in cost. 59 km is nothing unless it is all burnouts. haha

Unless it is $143,000 plus tax which doesn't seem to be as the above post says.>>>. this post is not to be taken as an advertisement for any dealership.

Makes my ZR1 cheap 4 years ago for what I paid! :)

Brian
I have yet to see someone put up an ad for a taxes in price.

He is trying to move it for 143K - plus taxes.

As there seem to be allocations and I'm seeing more Z07 cars on AT - it may not be as easy as he hopes (to make his 20K on whoever may be ill informed enough to purchase this car).

If I am incorrect - please do let us know.

Les, if I understand this correctly from some of the other posts if this is a U.S. car it would be warranty restricted? How does that work? If indeed it is a U.S. could the owner take it back to the States for warranty work even though it would be registered in Canada?

Les, if I understand this correctly from some of the other posts if this is a U.S. car it would be warranty restricted? How does that work? If indeed it is a U.S. could the owner take it back to the States for warranty work even though it would be registered in Canada?

If warranty work were required, the only way one could get it warrantied in the US would be with a US registered and owned vehicle. I went through this a few years back with another vehicle and learned the hard way but it all falls under the Automobile Exportation Agreements between companies that have both Canadian and US counterparts. The grey area of course would be if you were to say you were traveling internationally and the vehicle broke down there as many vehicle warranty now cover international travel and repair under warranty. We need to remember that the whole purpose of the exportation agreements is to prevent the Canadian and US counterparts from becoming competitive with one another when the dollar fluctuates as we see now.

Similarly....if one bought a Corvette and it was new and imported, as we saw with the Z06 recently, their is no initial warranty whatsoever and I believe the levy is 6mo/8000km from the date of import. Some dealers have promised their own coverage, however, but that comes with risks. For example, some time ago, Cullen in Niagara sold a car where the tranny dropped a short time later. They actually had to load that car back on a freight and have it sent back to the dealer they bought it from in the US to have all rectified. The unhappy customer was apparently without car for some time.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
good luck , you don't have to wait two years .

Although I'm not yet sure how long allocations will take now - 2 years is certainly NOT the amount of time.

This isn't my site - but I think we should tell this curb seller to take a hike and try to get his 20K from some newb on autotrader.

I don't know why we should help him profit.

I have expressed much the same...not his car, not an official 'for sale' thread and the only posts the guy makes are for his sales (ie PM me) ... Should be a site sponsor or told not to do same yet again.

Guys, appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately with all the tech stuff happening I've been neglecting to update the forum rules on listings, classifieds and what we allow and do not allow you to sell. Rather than impulsively editing, redacting and moderating posts without a coherent set of guidelines, we will focus on completing a quick overhaul of our general classified rules very shortly (next day or so).

This particular post has been moderated as it violates two rules as of now plus it's in the wrong place. I've been in touch with the OP and notified him of this action.

The OP is welcome to have the item relisted in the classifieds by the owner.

I'll leave the thread open but please keep it civil or it gets sunk.

Thanks.

Unless a person really wants a track ready race car , there is no practical reason to consider the Z07 Option. You could not give me the Z07 option . The ride is rougher, the tires are racing slicks, and useless in rain and the brakes , albeit great, will be a small fortune to replace. The first thing most people do is pull off the Cup 2's in favour of pilot ss. So paying a premium to land a Z07 will appeal to very few. I suspect all of the Z07 optioned cars on auto trader with a premium over list are still there.

I had the option for a Z07 and the reason that I never got it was the fact that it came with a $12k replacement tag Canadian for ceramic brakes. Isn't that like a small car. I realize that things always drop in price and, from my understanding they can be replaced much cheaper now, but many have the Z07 package that will never track, or may track very minimally. To me, so long as they are happy...that's all that matters. Heck, when I considered getting 3LZ interior vice 2LZ, I asked myself why anyone might pay so much more for so little return in that price difference. I also realize that many 3LZ guys would ask why you would spend so much money without going all the way. It is like picking colors really....so many would never get DSOM. I like it.

To answer the question of the warranty for a US car this one is a Canadian car and still maintains the remainder of the Warranty.. 20K is a steep mark up but again to the right person who does not want to wait is not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread