Peter Szarka

Casual User
You're 5
Nov 6, 2014
Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray Z51
With the shortage of good used C7's here in Vancouver ( 5 currently - only 2 are Z51's ), I thought moving mine would be easy at a fair market value. It is a loaded 2LT Z51 Coupe in Crystal Red Tintcoat. I won't list all the features as I don't think this is the correct forum to sell it in ? Similarly equipped cars are asking more than mine ( in mint shape BTW ) and I can't buy a phone call on it for over 4 weeks. Any thoughts on the right approach to marketing / selling such a specialized vehicle ? It is on Craigslist and Kijiji . Thanks in advance for any advise. Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter. I guess the question would be "are the similarly equipped" getting any hits? Keep in mind that your are nearing the end of the driving season for most sports car people.... At this time of year, unless the deal is too good to turn down, a lot of buyers are now considering waiting until closer to spring... It's hard to buy a car like this and almost immediately park it in a garage for six months.... I know... I did it.... But I got a trade offer and a reduced price on the car that I couldn't walk away from .... Don't fret it... If no one bites, wait until spring when the testosterone is flowing once again and you will get some interest... especially if you are just under "fair market value".... that's my thought anyway....

With the shortage of good used C7's here in Vancouver ( 5 currently - only 2 are Z51's ), I thought moving mine would be easy at a fair market value. It is a loaded 2LT Z51 Coupe in Crystal Red Tintcoat. I won't list all the features as I don't think this is the correct forum to sell it in ? Similarly equipped cars are asking more than mine ( in mint shape BTW ) and I can't buy a phone call on it for over 4 weeks. Any thoughts on the right approach to marketing / selling such a specialized vehicle ? It is on Craigslist and Kijiji . Thanks in advance for any advise. Cheers, Peter

You can absolutely list it here, it's a corvette forum and we have a classifieds system so it doesn't get more correct than that :). As @Rruuff Day mentioned the timing is poor. Most folks after cars would've got one already or are in a holding pattern for spring as it's on the tail end of the season. Keep it listed but store it away and be prepared to go at it more aggressively come spring time if it doesn't sell.

Go here to list it: Classifieds | Canadian Corvette Forums

If you are thinking of getting a new one then explore trading. The savings on HST for a car of that value is major. I did that in May with my 2014 Z51. Traded for a 2017 GS and got an outstanding trade in price. If I was to sell it privately I would have had to get an additional $8000 and the market just would not support that price. Downside was that dealer demanded to have my car in May and my new GS is only being built next week. Encountered two major production delays including the 4-5 week delay on the M7 transmission. Disappointing delays but worth it to upgrade 3 years and upgrade to a GS.

Reactions: Dub and Nik
If you are thinking of getting a new one then explore trading. The savings on HST for a car of that value is major. I did that in May with my 2014 Z51. Traded for a 2017 GS and got an outstanding trade in price. If I was to sell it privately I would have had to get an additional $8000 and the market just would not support that price. Downside was that dealer demanded to have my car in May and my new GS is only being built next week. Encountered two major production delays including the 4-5 week delay on the M7 transmission. Disappointing delays but worth it to upgrade 3 years and upgrade to a GS.
Hi David, sadly I am not trading up, but sounds like you received good value. I am putting the $ back into a small business I started " after " I bought the car. If it doesn't go for a respectable price, I may just have to keep it ! Also, I thought since I am here on the west coast, people would know we have great days between the rain well into the winter to enjoy the car. Thanks for your insight.
Peter

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread