Some of us like the sound of a pushrod V8 as opposed to the Ferrari sound. Score 1 for the E-Ray.
Ok, good.
I have heard from many the sound of a Z06 being described as 'intoxicating', 'addictive', 'glorious', etc., etc., etc..
I have also heard that it may in fact be too loud for some people's choice, and that over an extended timeframe the 'drone' can become 'tiring'.
I'm a bit suspicious on just how the E-Ray will sound with the intermingling of the electric motor (piped in or not).

That's funny, you guys talking about the front end drive on the E-Ray being for traction in the winter. If you watch the video with Jay and Tadge, they never even mention that idea. For us G-force junkies the combination would be a lot of fun - in the summer.
Bixter, Eray will be a nice car for a lot of people. I just don’t think $90k extra makes any sense. Like I said before the added weight is a huge negative for me.

Ok, good.
I have heard from many the sound of a Z06 being described as 'intoxicating', 'addictive', 'glorious', etc., etc., etc..
I have also heard that it may in fact be too loud for some people's choice, and that over an extended timeframe the 'drone' can become 'tiring'.
I'm a bit suspicious on just how the E-Ray will sound with the intermingling of the electric motor (piped in or not).
The Z06 sounds like a Ferrari. How can it not, flat plane crank and 8500 RPM and all that. Not my favorite. As far as the LT2 sound intermingling with electric power, the LT2 never quits working. The videos all sound like a Z51.

I find it difficult to imagine that a ZR1 will be available to just anyone.
I'm thinking that production will be limited, and that they are probably spoken for already.
If by "spoken for", you mean the lists are full, I agree. Only a few will get them for sure.

My opinion in the C8 forum is about as valued as a 1973 Lada but here goes anyway....

I think the Eray will die a slow painful death in the eyes of both consumers and GM. In the real world, really, what use does it have other than AWD which I have no use for in a Corvette. If I want to drive in the winter, I have two AWD Suv's and a 4x4 diesel truck and I wouldn't cry nearly as much if and when an idiot driver slides into me on a slippery road.
The engineering and design costs to GM for the Eray was astronomical and would have been much better spent working on a plug in hybrid instead. Having a range of currently up to near 100 km on electric only, and the added onboard recharge capabilities of a hybrid would have made much more sense. As you've noted that you have no intention of tracking the Eray so the added HP for a short distance really means little to you. After the ZR1 hit's the market, I'm guessing the Eray will go out of production as quick as snowmen melt in the summer, and either the hybrid or a full electric will be the obvious next GM direction. We currently have full electrics available out there with a range of near 1000 km. Whether we like it or not, gas vehicles are slowly going to be extinct someday. Not in my lifetime and likely not yours or most members here but it will come. I'm older than dirt and my C7 will outlive me anyway but if I was young and in a position to, I would be jumping off the Eray horse and getting my deposit in for either a hybrid or more likely a full electric. 1000 HP AWD and 0 to 60 in 2 seconds is already out there in the market. If money is no object and you don't really have a use for the electric in the short term, the ZR1 would be my other choice at this stage of the game. It will be here sooner that the electric for sure. That's my 2 cents worth.
As I said a long while back, it was a "virtue signaling" offering by GM/Mary Barra to placate the US EPA, and renewable energy people. It was never intended to be a functional EV, in the truest sense of that definition.