dbakke

dbakke

Regular
Jan 26, 2009
Saskatoon Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
I am re-posting this info from the 306 Forum coz, I know one day I will need to do this again, and well.....I would just like to know where to start swearing!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Read the manual, then try these instructions.

start the vet and back it out of your garage.
Pull the vet back into the garage..leave the vet running.
With the vet still running pull up on the emergency brake.
With the vet still running open and leave open the glove box door.
With the vet still running open the drivers door (and leave open for the rest of this procedure)
Shut the vet off as you normally do. DO NOT GO TO ACC mode.
Press the hatch dash button once to unlatch the hatch. Do not raise the hatch..just leave the hatch unlatched.
Insert the key into the hatch lock assembly and turn the key fully 5 times as fast as you can (ensuring a complete turn each time). Leave the key IN THE HATCH LOCK. You should get a DIC message 'Ready to program FOB.
Go get the unrecognized FOB (should still be 20 ft away) and place the unrecognized fob into the slot in the glove box with FOB buttons facing away from the driver. (I did this in about 10 to 15 seconds from getting the message)
Very quickly (I estimate 5 sec) the DIC will read READY FOR FOB . At this point push the ACC ignition switch. Follow the manual instructions, it will take 2 -10 minute per step.
When programing is complete pull out the newly programmed FOB from the glove box slot and start pressing the newly programmed FOB buttons. At first you may not believe the buttons are doing anything but continue to press them and you will notice the hatch unlocking and the lights blinking (if you have this set up when you lock using the fob).
The new FOB is now programmed. I recommend you place all of the fobs 20ft away and try EACH ONE (not just the new one).

I got this infromation from attach web site. First time I went through the step it said " my new #1 FOB was programed, and when I went to put in my excisting #2 FOB, the dash just skipped it and ask for #3 FOB.

I didnot push any buttons on either New FOB #1, or old FOB #2, I just tried to start the car, and dash said "No Fob in Range"

I though I was Royaly Screwed!

Second time through, I checked each Fob as programing was complete, locked, unlocked doors, light flashed, and everything was working.

So good luck if you need to program a new FOB. Dealership wanted $60 labour, and thats after the $150 for the new FOB.

Programming a new key FOB - HELP - Corvette Action Center

C5's

Doing the C5 is no where that complicated, It is in your owners manual. I did mine last year with no problem , I also put in all new TPMS last year and reprograming them may have been the easiest things I have ever done.

So was putiing the new TPMS's in!! so if yours go which they probably will don't worry. They say the batteries are only good for 7-8 years so when I had one break I just changed them all.

Brent

C6 is kinda tough to program a new fob but procedure is in manual,follow it exact and it works. Did one for myself but would have been easier just programing with tech 2 at dealer.

Doing the C5 is no where that complicated, It is in your owners manual. I did mine last year with no problem , I also put in all new TPMS last year and reprograming them may have been the easiest things I have ever done.

So was putiing the new TPMS's in!! so if yours go which they probably will don't worry. They say the batteries are only good for 7-8 years so when I had one break I just changed them all.

Brent

C5 Fob learning:

1. Turn the ignition key to ON.
2. Clear any warning messages on the Driver Information Center (DIC) by pressing the RESET button.
3. Press the OPTIONS button on the DIC several times until the blank page is displayed, then press and hold the RESET button for two seconds.
4. When the message FOB TRAINING is displayed, press the RESET button once. The message HOLD LK + UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed in the DIC .
5. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the first transmitter simultaneously for five seconds.
6. When a transmitter is learned (matched), the DIC will display FOB LEARNED and then prompt you to learn the second transmitter.
7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the third transmitter.
8. Remove the key from the ignition.:canada:

Inner fender

I know this is off topic but does anyone know the process to glue a inner fender on a 2009 ZR1.

Thanks for the info. My next question is there a procedure on how to install and align the inner fender so the outter fender lines up with everything else.

I am re-posting this info from the 306 Forum coz, I know one day I will need to do this again, and well.....I would just like to know where to start swearing!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Read the manual, then try these instructions.

start the vet and back it out of your garage.
Pull the vet back into the garage..leave the vet running.
With the vet still running pull up on the emergency brake.
With the vet still running open and leave open the glove box door.
With the vet still running open the drivers door (and leave open for the rest of this procedure)
Shut the vet off as you normally do. DO NOT GO TO ACC mode.
Press the hatch dash button once to unlatch the hatch. Do not raise the hatch..just leave the hatch unlatched.
Insert the key into the hatch lock assembly and turn the key fully 5 times as fast as you can (ensuring a complete turn each time). Leave the key IN THE HATCH LOCK. You should get a DIC message 'Ready to program FOB.
Go get the unrecognized FOB (should still be 20 ft away) and place the unrecognized fob into the slot in the glove box with FOB buttons facing away from the driver. (I did this in about 10 to 15 seconds from getting the message)
Very quickly (I estimate 5 sec) the DIC will read READY FOR FOB . At this point push the ACC ignition switch. Follow the manual instructions, it will take 2 -10 minute per step.
When programing is complete pull out the newly programmed FOB from the glove box slot and start pressing the newly programmed FOB buttons. At first you may not believe the buttons are doing anything but continue to press them and you will notice the hatch unlocking and the lights blinking (if you have this set up when you lock using the fob).
The new FOB is now programmed. I recommend you place all of the fobs 20ft away and try EACH ONE (not just the new one).

I got this infromation from attach web site. First time I went through the step it said " my new #1 FOB was programed, and when I went to put in my excisting #2 FOB, the dash just skipped it and ask for #3 FOB.

I didnot push any buttons on either New FOB #1, or old FOB #2, I just tried to start the car, and dash said "No Fob in Range"

I though I was Royaly Screwed!

Second time through, I checked each Fob as programing was complete, locked, unlocked doors, light flashed, and everything was working.

So good luck if you need to program a new FOB. Dealership wanted $60 labour, and thats after the $150 for the new FOB.

Programming a new key FOB - HELP - Corvette Action Center

here is my problem I can not start the engine because I can not get the car to go into ACC mode and then it would hopefully be able to re-learn my fobs.it has been about a month, I had it at the chevy dealer here,(do not use auto nation mesa, worst experience of my life)for 2 weeks, they were useless and really pathetic ,they tried to charge me $630 for a install of a negative battery cable!! I am not kidding.i had to tow it away from the dealer.i have bought new fob, fob batteries, car battery,new key for tail gate, I have a new push button ignition switch arriving today.I even talked with a gm engineer ,he said it sounds like interfearance with the fob.I have turned my garage off even taken my sat clock away there can not be anything interfering?I even got up at 4am to try it where I knew the neighbors would not be using there garages.i also replaced the RCDLR mod above the stereo in middle counsel.all antenna's are good. the car just says no key fobs detected.no mater what I do and yes I messed with fuse number 11 and 55 nothing.i also taped the two wires directly in the trunk no change car will not go into acc/learn mode. so if anyone can tell what the heck Sam doing wrong before I completely lose it ,,,I would greatly appreciate it

here is my problem I can not start the engine because I can not get the car to go into ACC mode and then it would hopefully be able to re-learn my fobs.it has been about a month, I had it at the chevy dealer here,(do not use auto nation mesa, worst experience of my life)for 2 weeks, they were useless and really pathetic ,they tried to charge me $630 for a install of a negative battery cable!! I am not kidding.i had to tow it away from the dealer.i have bought new fob, fob batteries, car battery,new key for tail gate, I have a new push button ignition switch arriving today.I even talked with a gm engineer ,he said it sounds like interfearance with the fob.I have turned my garage off even taken my sat clock away there can not be anything interfering?I even got up at 4am to try it where I knew the neighbors would not be using there garages.i also replaced the RCDLR mod above the stereo in middle counsel.all antenna's are good. the car just says no key fobs detected.no mater what I do and yes I messed with fuse number 11 and 55 nothing.i also taped the two wires directly in the trunk no change car will not go into acc/learn mode. so if anyone can tell what the heck Sam doing wrong before I completely lose it ,,,I would greatly appreciate it

also ,it does not matter how I push the start button or for how long, believe me I does not matter

if this push button does not work today? should I buy a new starter, alternator computer or should I by pass the whole silly over engineered system chevy installed and put in a viper or something ? what should I do?

thank you for your post.i do appreciate it.if I could get my car to start I may never turn it off,lol

Users who are viewing this thread