Aug 25, 2011
Kootenays SE British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1984 Z51
I have owned my 84 vette since I was 18 and now 41. Just wondering how old the rest of you are? I bought mine in 1991. When the C4 was still a big deal. But I think if I was 18 right now I would buy a used viper or a used C7. But I still like the look of the C4. The smooth lines and the resessed taillights with the angled back end of the early C4 and diggy dash still works for me. All the new cars and trucks look lame with the viper and C7 and a few new muscle cars being the exception.

Reactions: Dik
Have always liked the C4's and was awestruck when they came out .... What really blew me away was the intro of the '90 Z-R1 ... absolutely amazing.

My first vette was the '11 GS......second is the C4 ('94 Lt1) and the third my brother's '06 vert.

Love them all but I'll never forget the C4 which became very special to me. I'm very glad to have one. It is a gem.

Oh yes age -- well I'm 68 this August but still young enough to have a passion for these cars and enjoy them immensely.

The icing on the cake is sharing them with other 'vette owners and admiring their pride and joy.

C.

Reactions: YFCvii
I purchased my first vette last year.....when I was 45. I love it. My dream vette is to purchase a 2010-2012 GS vert with 6spd. I love them too. My C4 is amazing.....a 96 CE LT4 Vert. It is such a great car....so fast.....great great car. I just love it. I can't believe that I am fortunate enough to own a Corvette. Definitely a dream come true for me to own such a classy car.
:canada:

Reactions: Knight68 and YFCvii
I have owned my 84 vette since I was 18 and now 41. Just wondering how old the rest of you are? I bought mine in 1991. When the C4 was still a big deal. But I think if I was 18 right now I would buy a used viper or a used C7. But I still like the look of the C4. The smooth lines and the resessed taillights with the angled back end of the early C4 and diggy dash still works for me. All the new cars and trucks look lame with the viper and C7 and a few new muscle cars being the exception.

Hey Nelson: I'm pushing 74 years old this August and just bought my first Vette. 1994 coupe with under 30000 kms. Wanted one ever since 1963 when I worked part time at a gas station and had to work on a '63 rag top. Rides like a truck and not very fuel efficient but doubt whether I'll ever regret buying it. Off to Bowling Green Kentucky this month to tour the museum and factory, should be a blast.

Hey Nelson: I'm pushing 74 years old this August and just bought my first Vette. 1994 coupe with under 30000 kms. Wanted one ever since 1963 when I worked part time at a gas station and had to work on a '63 rag top. Rides like a truck and not very fuel efficient but doubt whether I'll ever regret buying it. Off to Bowling Green Kentucky this month to tour the museum and factory, should be a blast.
You'll love the trip to BG, Tommy. My brother and I did it in 2011 after we also bought our first vettes.
Very interesting tour, a great museum and gift shop, and the people were very hospitable.
Congrats on the '94 -- I also have a '94 that I bought in BC and drove home. Love it as you do yours.
Colin

51, had 2 weeks, wanted one since I can remember. was not sure of what gen to buy and then settled on a 4. I have always liked the looks from the back, handles like on rails and still goes like a vette should..

C3VR Gathering 15 082.JPG It makes me smile to see how old some of you are and just starting to experience the love of the corvette. 54 and I own 2, the C3 is currently in pieces in fact the frame just heading to shop to be sandblasted. The C4 is a great car, everything about them is exceptional, I just took my 2nd trip to a corvette gathering, this year was in Buffalo New york, I put about 8000 km on her in July and not one problem love it to pieces. Just a few of the cars at Buffalo gathering
C3VR Gathering 15 082.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: teddyo
Just turned 38 and have had my '89 for two years. Absolutely love this car, it was the car I always wanted since I was a kid. Had to do a few odds and ends to get some things working (headlights, heater core, sport seat rebuild, weatherstrips etc.) and still have a few things left to do. I've put 25,000 km on it, including a trip to North Carolina, without a problem and can't believe how great this car is. My kids love it too and my wife... well, she tolerates it ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.