Mar 19, 2016
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324, USA
VetteCoins
Car
1967 Coupe
I'm in the process of trying to revive a '67 Corvette Coupe that been sitting for a long time. Currently the body is off the frame, most of the paint has been stripped and I just finished up removing everything else that I could from the body to start the cleaning process. I'm sure I'll be asking some questions as this car needs a lot of help.

I'm also looking to sell my '74 Coupe that I've owned for 33 years that just was completely re-conditioned last summer. I'll try to get it listed in the Classified section soon as I don't have room for both the '67 and the '74. Look'in forward to meeting you all in the forums.

Thanks Graham for the welcome. If I could keep both these Vette's I would ... really enjoyed the '74. It was a sleeper with the LT-1 engine in it. :)

This pic was from last Tuesday when I rolled my '67 project outside on a dolly. The picture doesn't show it but the driveway slopes away from the garage and I wanted to make sure I could roll it back into the garage by myself and everything worked fine. This is so I can do the sandblasting of the windshield frame and parts of the birdcage that I can get to and also degreasing the engine compartment and cleaning the underside with a pressure washer. All that nasty work weather permitting.
WP_20160315_012.jpg

The frame was rotten on the '67 and I found a replacement frame in great shape and spent last summer completely redoing it and it's sitting there patiently waiting for me to finish everything else.
WP_20160315_015.jpg

Here's my reconditioned '74. :(
StingrayCorvette_001m2.jpg

I'll try to get an album going here soon.

Hi Jcpstrat! Welcome to the forum! What a great looking project and what a beautiful body on the '67. Even without doors or anything else, the shape is so nice. I'm looking forward to watching the progress!
The 74 looks great! Best of luck with the sale.

Thank for the feedback that my album creation worked. I actually wish the hitch wasn't on there ... previous owner I guess. When I picked up the car from the paint shop last year the owner said his son was wanting to take a torch and cut it off ... I told him I wished he had called me and asked about it as I would have given him the go ahead cause it's welded on. I just tell folks I use it for my yacht! :)

Welcome to the forum Jcp. Can't wait to see the C2 come alive..... and Sweet looking and sounding 74. Nice little emphasis bark on the shift to 2nd as well.... :thumbs: Don't fret the trailer hitch.... Remove the ball and tell folks it's the drag chute mount. :Dupe:

And Btw. Some beautiful Kentucky scenery in your video. Thoroughbred horses and thoroughbred bourbon country indeed..... The Woodford distillery can't be too far from you....

Eric

Last edited:
Thanks Eric for your comments. You must know Central Kentucky ... the Woodford Co. line is about a mile from my place. Good idea on the ball too. All of you have very nice rides from what I can see but from the reflection in your tail lights, from a pic in your album, it looks like you may be a guitar player! :)

Don't know Kentucky that well Jcp. My better half was at a conference in Versailles and I went down for the ride. I spent most of my time with a buddy in the Smoky Mountains in NC. Love the countryside down there though. She toured the Woodford site and I've been hooked on their bourbon ever since...lol...

Played guitar most of my life... not professionally. Just for myself and campfire parties. Have a small collection and my man cave set up to jam with friends once in a while. Putting 2 and 2 together with your name, appears we have guitar in common.... :)

Interesting story about the hitch. I think it adds some character and you see all the kids now-a-days adding tow points to their cars because..... I actually don't know why??? It might be the autocross look?Anyway, the car looks fantastic and sounds great too!

Ha ha Eric ... Versailles is just 9 miles from me ... small world. Yes I've played some guitar too. When I was signing up for Internet service and couldn't think of a good Username I decided to attach "strat" to my initials, as I had gone thru a period of time of not playing and decided I wanted my stratocaster back in my life. Helped put myself thru college playing lead guitar in a local band but thats the only time I've every made $'s. For the last 9 years have helped out some local churches that do Christian Rock when they need me and that's a lot easier than playing smokey bars until the wee hours. :)

Speaking of beautiful country ... as I check out some of the photos in the forum, there's a lot of incredible scenery behind these Vettes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread