Hi Joe,
I live in Ancaster and I find the drive to Dasilva Motorsports very worthwhile, it's about 45 minutes. He is a forum sponsor and one of the best in the business. Hope this doesn't make his head get any bigger :D

Joe, Wayne is right. Manny Dasilva runs the best shop anywhere. I've travelled two hours to get work done there.

Hi all, I'm looking for a good honest corvette mechanic (hard to find..lol) in Hamilton. If anybody knows of any, thx in advance. :coolgleam:

Joe , I'm only 45min from Hamilton . I have a lot of client's in Hamilton , come and check the shop and see what we do :canada:

Last edited:
Any serious problems and I will be going all the way from the Peterborough-Lindsay area to have Manny work on our car. He's already done a couple of things for us. Fast work and done right. The travel is worth it for me just to know that the job is going to be done right the first time.

I realize I'm replying to an old thread, but I wish I heard of Manny before as I used to live nearby.
Since I lived in Stoney Creek, at Fifty Road, so took my Vette into Queenston Chev on Centennial.
First to price out tires. $800 each rear and approx $600 each front @ the dealership.
I ended up shopping online, got all 4 tires (Z Rated) from the USA delivered to my door for approx $850 total including shipping, etc.
I took them into Queenston to get them mounted & balanced - about $25/tire.
BUT, I asked the dealership to return the 2 rear tires as there was plenty of tread wear left on them - was planning to resell them on Kijiji for a couple hundred.
When I got to the dealership a mechanic who drag races finished his shift, took my tires and left. They were not able to recover the tires.
Needless to say I never went back there again.
Few other bad dealer experiences (Mississauga & Grimsby) including from one dealer I see advertising on here.
We spend a lot of money on the Vette's yet some dealers use 'new' mechanics on them.
A couple of times the 'oil life' sensor 's not reset, or they leave oily hand prints all over the fenders.
Now Ive started using Stingray Auto in Mississauga.
Hope this info helps somebody.

DaSilva Motorsports all the way guys and gals.

Manny gets cars from across Canada. That says it all for the quality of work you get. Save yourself a headache and go to DaSilva Motorsports. You won't be disappointed.

C.

I realize I'm replying to an old thread, but I wish I heard of Manny before as I used to live nearby.
Since I lived in Stoney Creek, at Fifty Road, so took my Vette into Queenston Chev on Centennial.
First to price out tires. $800 each rear and approx $600 each front @ the dealership.
I ended up shopping online, got all 4 tires (Z Rated) from the USA delivered to my door for approx $850 total including shipping, etc.
I took them into Queenston to get them mounted & balanced - about $25/tire.
BUT, I asked the dealership to return the 2 rear tires as there was plenty of tread wear left on them - was planning to resell them on Kijiji for a couple hundred.
When I got to the dealership a mechanic who drag races finished his shift, took my tires and left. They were not able to recover the tires.
Needless to say I never went back there again.
Few other bad dealer experiences (Mississauga & Grimsby) including from one dealer I see advertising on here.
We spend a lot of money on the Vette's yet some dealers use 'new' mechanics on them.
A couple of times the 'oil life' sensor 's not reset, or they leave oily hand prints all over the fenders.
Now Ive started using Stingray Auto in Mississauga.
Hope this info helps somebody.

You might want to come for a visit and see just what a true Corvette shop looks like . I have the cleanest shop around and our customer service is the best .

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to come for a visit and see just what a true Corvette shop looks like . I have the cleanest shop around and our customer service is the best .

I'll vouche for that. Great cutomer service; oustanding in fact. And a cleaner shop than most people's homes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.