Dr. Lou

ZEEUL8R
You're 5
Jun 21, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
2016 C7 Z06
Just about to get my 2016 Z06 in a week or so. I'm hearing that not a smart idea to drive in wet conditions. What are your experiences with doing this? Obviously punching it on wet roads won't result in anything too good but what about driving cautiously if you happen to get stuck in an unexpected shower.

I don't have a z06, a z51 with about 500 hp. Rain ... well, let's just say the summer tires work well during summer weather on dry pavement. I would be real careful in the rain.

Reactions: nascar03
I don't have a z06, a z51 with about 500 hp. Rain ... well, let's just say the summer tires work well during summer weather on dry pavement. I would be real careful in the rain.
Thank you, and agreed. What tires do you run?

The "Weather Mode" setting works well in the rain I find for my Z06, minimizes/eliminates tire spin. I am non-Z07, so not sure with the Sport Cup 2's.

I was surprised how driveable the car is if you take it easy in Weather Mode. I always leave Traction Control on too which helps and still allows some slip in the wheels.

Take it easy in the rain and use Weather mode and you should be fine. Enjoy !

Matt.

Thank you, and agreed. What tires do you run?

I have the stock tires but already gathering info on replacing them. I only put about 3500 km on the car yearly, so it may take some time before the new tires are a go. I will not put on run flats, likely either summer only or all season. The Michelins are on the top of the list so far. I am also looking at the weight of the tires. Lots of info. on various Corvette forums about the tires.

I posted a video on YouTube of me drive no through heavy rain in the US. The car is great in the rain as long as it is the Z06 and not Z07 version tires. Stabiltrak will not allow you to go into a skid and is very effective. You will also see this first hand if you go to the Corvette Drivers School.

I agree all your comment. I own a manual base 2014 and last year z06 auto 2015. Base is very nice on heavy rain with weather mode, almost incredible. Z is a bit attention more but i think auto tranny have a bit to do with this situation, and also easy to says toooorque... But very friendly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.