Here is the copy from p 221 of the book which may help in finding the exact meaning in this context with or without AI.

….arbitrary changes in the way the C5 door would be assembled brought sharp criticism from Mike Andalora and his electrical team. The question was whether the door would carry structural loads on the inside or the outside. C4’s door was an inside-load design. For C5, the body people wanted an outside-load door. It was more difficult to design and assemble, but it had significant advantages. But they were overruled by the body homeroom. Terry Jinks was the homeroom engineer assigned to do it and he wanted no part of an outside-load door, no matter what the product development engineers assigned full-time to C5 wanted.

Any help?

Here is the copy from p 221 of the book which may help in finding the exact meaning in this context with or without AI.

….arbitrary changes in the way the C5 door would be assembled brought sharp criticism from Mike Andalora and his electrical team. The question was whether the door would carry structural loads on the inside or the outside. C4’s door was an inside-load design. For C5, the body people wanted an outside-load door. It was more difficult to design and assemble, but it had significant advantages. But they were overruled by the body homeroom. Terry Jinks was the homeroom engineer assigned to do it and he wanted no part of an outside-load door, no matter what the product development engineers assigned full-time to C5 wanted.

Any help?
See #38 . Finally , a good guess. Now if that only worked for the stock market. :cry:

See #38 . Finally , a good guess. Now if that only worked for the stock market. :cry:

1st Vette here is your explanation from #38 - Just a guess. Perhaps how they are attached to the body of the vehicle relating to structural integrity?

You probably are correct but I still need a drawing or verbal detail to know how each works. If all else fails I will have to email Tadge or maybe when I next see Harlan Charles as in this picture. Don't ask me what doors were on my C6 Indy Pace Car.

1706150508009.jpeg

Last edited:
1st Vette here is your explanation from #38 - Just a guess. Perhaps how they are attached to the body of the vehicle relating to structural integrity?

You probably are correct but I still need a drawing or verbal detail to know how each works. If all else fails I will have to email Tadge or maybe when I next see Harlan Charles as in this picture. Don't ask me what doors were on my C6 Indy Pace Car.

View attachment 119190
Interesting. Your well of resources is much deeper than mine and I look forward to the results of your inquiries. It just seemed logical to me on the face of it. Nice hat you have there. ;)

Interesting. Your well of resources is much deeper than mine and I look forward to the results of your inquiries. It just seemed logical to me on the face of it. Nice hat you have there. ;)
Did you recognize the hat? It is from the Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car Registry when I did Route 66 with 35 pace cars from Joplin, MO to Tucumcari, NM.

1706153123336.jpeg

Did you recognize the hat? It is from the Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car Registry when I did Route 66 with 35 pace cars from Joplin, MO to Tucumcari, NM.

View attachment 119192
No , just wasn’t sure if that was you on the left or the right, lol . Cool hat though either way, collectors item. That would be a heck of a trip, l’m jealous.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.