Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
I plan on installing a novistretch bra on the front end prior to taking the car to Edmonton from Calgary when it arrives. I need to remove four inner fender liner screws and one right under the Z51 splitter. They should be #15 and #20 torx but I'm not sure where they are located. I want to bring different length screw drivers for the bottom one since I'm sure it'll be a pain to get to.

Thanks.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

I’ve looked at my 2023. The first photo shows the inside and lower edge front passenger tire wheel well. The screws are the same T15 head. The screw is 21-22 mm long. As you suspected, there’s not a lot of room between the screw head and tire, so I used a flat-head ratchet with a 4 mm (or 5/32” works too) 1/4” drive socket (to attach the T15) to remove the screw. The other photos show the removal set-up about to start, plus what I used however I didn’t use the thicker round head ratchet. The second last photo shows the length of the screw. I’m not sure what you mean by the “screw under the splitter”. The same T15 screws inside the wheel well, continue along the lower edge. Hope this helps. BTW: I’m in the Edmonton Windermere area and have a good set of tools to help you, if that would work out.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0446.jpeg
    IMG_0446.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Useful
Reactions: Rruuff Day

1:30 mark. Is that the same screw as in the fender liner?

Thanks so much for the info!

I can’t see under the front w/o lifting the front end. Looking on YouTube, there’s a video to install a C8 5VM front splitter, which ID’s the screws as T15’s. To me, it looked like the T15’s continued from the ones inside the wheel well, so that makes sense. Check out that video.

BYW, looking at the video you posted, it shows the front wheel turned to increase the gap between the screw head and tire. So you wouldn’t need to use a flat-head ratchet (duuhh).

Finally, others on these Forums must have installed this bra. Hopefully one of them will confirm you only have the one size T15 to worry about. Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread