Great thread Mike, and Bill some great contributions already. Have to go back and watch the videos.

guqVHr0.jpg

Last edited:
Mike, I gave that crash video a like but just to be clear it is very hard to like. Sad for certain, things get pushed to the limit and there are apparently consequences. :Angelsad2:

Great start guys. I am just blown away by the scale aircraft and the operators ability to fly them.
Oh I realize that. I wasn’t sure to post it or not but,it is the bad side of any type of racing. There is nothing one can say other than rest their souls. The pilots that fly these types of aircraft get my vote for being some of the bravest pilots on earth. At those speeds and the proximity to the ground,they’re clearly working without a net.

Reactions: 12cents
Great thread Mike, and Bill some great contributions already. Have to go back and watch the videos.

guqVHr0.jpg
I’ll be seeing these guys in Abbotsford come August 11 this year. This is a bucket list item both my dad and I can check off. Neither of us have seen the Blue Angels before. One thing for sure is that I’m going to get a serious fix of airplanes this summer. Cold lake in July,Abby 3 weeks later !! I’ll be making a separate picture thread for both those shows.

Here’s the USAF Thunderbirds show at their home base at Nellis airforce base just outside of Las Vegas. I’ve seen these guys 4 times since 07. One of the best flight teams bar none.

Reactions: Keith Tedford