Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
My check engine light came on abt a week ago and went in to Eagle Ridge GM in Coquitlam. Bill was $207 with no plan provided to me as to how to resolve the issue. The code was P0420, which relates to the cats. (I have the Borla exhaust) Brought the car to Carter GM in North Vancouver (where I purchased) and they were way more receptive than Eagle Ridge GM to my issue. Car goes to Carter on Monday morning and I hope to be provided with some options and hopefully even some warranty coverage as the car was advertised as GM certified with performance exhaust.....We shall see....

My check engine light came on abt a week ago and went in to Eagle Ridge GM in Coquitlam. Bill was $207 with no plan provided to me as to how to resolve the issue. The code was P0420, which relates to the cats. (I have the Borla exhaust) Brought the car to Carter GM in North Vancouver (where I purchased) and they were way more receptive than Eagle Ridge GM to my issue. Car goes to Carter on Monday morning and I hope to be provided with some options and hopefully even some warranty coverage as the car was advertised as GM certified with performance exhaust.....We shall see....
That is the O2 sensor code. So for sure follow the advice from others about the spacers

Yes the spacers will be part of the conversation. As the vehicle was sold by GM as a GM certified vehicle with performance exhaust they may be able to replace the cats under warranty and then I'll also add the spacers....
Too easy. Throw more coin at it, you're already $207 in lol...
I'll throw an extra buck in just for you.....

Or one good one. ;) They are also good for telling you if the shop you’re using is trustworthy if you scan before you go.
Mine is a good one and it was only 30 bucks or so. Works with Bluetooth and your cell phone.

Reactions: 1st Vette