Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
This one is for forum members who are drummers or just those who appreciate good musicians. I believe @Murray20c8 has a kit and perhaps @ Afterimage if his profile pic is anything to go by. This is really well worth watching anyway and incredibly impressive. It’s Neil Peart from the great Canadian three piece rock band Rush . Arguably the best rock drummer of all time. IMHO .

This one is for forum members who are drummers or just those who appreciate good musicians. I believe @Murray20c8 has a kit and perhaps @ Afterimage if his profile pic is anything to go by. This is really well worth watching anyway and incredibly impressive. It’s Neil Peart from the great Canadian three piece rock band Rush . Arguably the best rock drummer of all time. IMHO .

Definitely one of the best. Right along with Geddy Lee. Arguably the best bass guitar player too.

Definitely one of the best. Right along with Geddy Lee. Arguably the best bass guitar player too.
Rush released its eponymous debut album in March 1974. 24 gold and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records later, the band is only third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum albums by a rock band. Over 42 million albums sold.

The the first Rush Album featured the original drummer John Rutsey. John was a founding member of Rush, he left the band for health reasons and ultimately passed away in 2008 of a heart attack. I had the privilege of sharing a beverage or two with John on many occasions, he was a very funny, creative and intelligent guy.

Rush has always been one of my faves for sure

but ..... eye candy never hurts

This girl has skills !

Last edited:
Over the years there has been lots of amazing musical talent originating in Canada. I've told this here a while back but we were in Costa Rica a few years back and walked down to a local beach bar one night...(most nights actually). A local band called The Leatherbacks was playing and doing a great job when Donnie Walsh went up to the stage and started playing his harp... He played with them for an hour or so... One of those out of nowhere treats that fall in your lap....

@Rruuff Day, Donnie Walsh. Another name out of the blue for me Eric. We did about 15 concerts for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Fund at Toronto General Hospital. One year I took a big risk from a money point of view and hired Donnie and the Downchild Blues Band to play at our cottage. Despite the fact it cost more than any other event we did we ended up with over 200 people and made an incredible amount of money for the fund. The band was so entertaining, probably the most fun we had ever had with these get togethers. My poor wife went into meltdown when she saw how many hungry and thirsty people were standing on the front lawn.:Banghead:

Must have been a special night in Costa Rico for you guys. Eric is the only guy I know who has a Zihuatanejo Guitar Festival T Shirt that is identical to mine. Long before CCF we probably crossed paths in Mexico on the opening night. So much musical talent everywhere. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

Not a drummer here. I love Rush and hearing that NP passed 4 years ago hit me sorta hard so why I use him in my avatar and username from the song the image is from.

Yes, that's a good solo. NP also redid the HNIC theme a while back after CBC f'd up and gave away the rights of the song and show to Rogers (or something like that from what I know).

with Rick Mercer

• Love
Reactions: Vettenut
The the first Rush Album featured the original drummer John Rustey. John was a founding member of Rush, he left the band for health reasons and ultimately passed away in 2008 of a heart attack. I had the privilege of sharing a beverage or two with John on many occasions, he was a very funny, creative and intelligent guy.
You were very fortunate.

Not a drummer here. I love Rush and hearing that NP passed 4 years ago hit me sorta hard so why I use him in my avatar and username from the song the image is from.

Yes, that's a good solo. NP also redid the HNIC theme a while back after CBC f'd up and gave away the rights of the song and show to Rogers (or something like that from what I know).

with Rick Mercer

Sorry. Didn’t recognize him from your picture.

@Rruuff Day, Donnie Walsh. Another name out of the blue for me Eric. We did about 15 concerts for the Pulmonary Fibrosis Fund at Toronto General Hospital. One year I took a big risk from a money point of view and hired Donnie and the Downchild Blues Band to play at our cottage. Despite the fact it cost more than any other event we did we ended up with over 200 people and made an incredible amount of money for the fund. The band was so entertaining, probably the most fun we had ever had with these get togethers. My poor wife went into meltdown when she saw how many hungry and thirsty people were standing on the front lawn.:Banghead:

Must have been a special night in Costa Rico for you guys. Eric is the only guy I know who has a Zihuatanejo Guitar Festival T Shirt that is identical to mine. Long before CCF we probably crossed paths in Mexico on the opening night. So much musical talent everywhere. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

"Off topic-Canadian Icon" Not hijacked at all Murray. I went to Zihua for the festival 5 years in a row so pretty sure we crossed paths... More reminders of what a small world it actually is....

Users who are viewing this thread