ojamali

Mar 29, 2014
Canada
VetteCoins
Car
CORVETTE C7
Hello Forum Mates,

Just curious to see the level of interest in Callaway C7's.

Early today we spoke with a Callaway rep to offer this option to our C7 factory orders.

Since the Callaway base Stingrays and Z51's are pretty close on the track to the Z06's I wanted to see from the members here if they would opt for a Z51 Callaway edition instead of a Z06 or if the Callaway is only desirable by you as a factory option on the 2016 Z06's.

Your comments and feedback are most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Owais Jamali
Gateway Chevrolet
416-826-7006

Last edited:
I would think anyone looking to buy would want to see a comparison list , side by side of what you get in a Calloway vs Z06. Is it just a supercharged C7 or do they add anything else to it at Calloway? Of course the difference in pricing would be important as well. Personally 650 HP in a 3400 lb car seems a little over the top to me, my previous sports car before the C7 was 350 hp in a 2900 lb car , supercharged. When that SC kicked in... but to each their own.

Boys Callaway is just a name and hood .

We install the same blower , same part number , same parts for alot less .

The quality of my shops works is a good or better , and you get a real tune with us not some canned cookie cutter tune .

Buy Canadian , support a Canadian business :canada:

Callaway has the name, Manny has the quality. I'd still go for a z06 over the Callaway ... or buy a z51, save $25,000 and have Manny do the work and still save $$$.

Well, I am in NO shape to purchase a C7, C7Z or Callaway anything. I couldn't even afford their golf club right now, but I will chime it.

If a C7 Callaway Stingray was able to outperform a C7Z for the same price, then I would be interested as it is unique.
As for a C7Z Callaway, maybe, but I think the C7Z is pretty damn good as it is.

And honestly, as stated, should I want a modded C7, I would have to go with Manny before Callaway.

Maybe Gateway could do a Dasilva Edition C7's. Callaway had to start somewhere. :D

You guys do know that this years price for the C7Z Callaway is a mere 17K US don't you? Just think though, you get the Callaway lettering on the back of the car, and Callaway plate on your dash!

You guys do know that this years price for the C7Z Callaway is a mere 17K US don't you? Just think though, you get the Callaway lettering on the back of the car, and Callaway plate on your dash!

LOL , and only $17k :eek:

For $11K you can have the same package and keep your Corvette lettering form Dasilva :rofl:

Your paying that for a 110 hp upgrade.

hood scoop looks not bad with black on center of the hood. This picture was just posted on my Facebook wall.

Attachments

• 19085_671859896276266_1961048491816198225_n.jpg
    19085_671859896276266_1961048491816198225_n.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 19
No thanks. I'm with Blue_bomber and 81Wayne, the hole in the hood is a big negative for me. I personally would go with Manny. As a matter of fact, I'm actually considering having my Z51 done by Manny in the next year or so.

Maybe Gateway could do a Dasilva Edition C7's. Callaway had to start somewhere. :D

I think that is a great idea!

Only issue might be the warranty work, seems Callaway has a good working relationship with GM in this area. Wonder if is any reason that GM Canada or Gateway could not start to work with Dasilva and support Canadian?

Guess , I touched a nerve LOL

Hi Manny,

I came across your post on the Canadian Corvette Forums regarding superchargers and utilizing "the same blower , same part number , same parts for a lot less"

And further, "The quality of my shops works is a good or better , and you get a real tune with us not some canned cookie cutter tune ."

Along with "Buy Canadian , support a Canadian business"

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/77571-post6.html

While it

Callaway has a great reputation and you have to give them that. Myself, I would be happy with either, but of course, would prefer yourself one day Manny as your reputation is, as well, stellar and you are only a few minutes away from me.

At today's exchange rate, the Callaway conversion on a Z06 is just north of 20K Canadian. To me, nothing more needs to be said. There are several posts relating to the 17K cost on several sites and the responses are actually very amusing. The mighty dollar speaks volumes in this case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread