Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
I guess even some dealer techs are not aware of the C8 mounting points. Not that it is a guarantee, but jacking pucks are a good aide perhaps in cases like this. I installed some and glad they are there to help guide techs in case they are not 100% sure !!

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpeg
    IMG_5983.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 0
I guess even some dealer techs are not aware of the C8 mounting points. Not that it is a guarantee, but jacking pucks are a good aide perhaps in cases like this. I installed some and glad they are there to help guide techs in case they are not 100% sure !!

Nothing a little bondo and a spray can can't fix... :Biggrin:

• Clever
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Good thing his mirrors weren't folded in, or it could have been a lot worse. Look how the driver side one is supporting the truck's right front tire.
The firefighters have the tire strapped up as part of the extrication. BTW, the windshield frame doesn't look too bad so there is a good chance the driver didn't have serious injuries except to their pride

The firefighters have the tire strapped up as part of the extrication. BTW, the windshield frame doesn't look too bad so there is a good chance the driver didn't have serious injuries except to their pride.
The mirror supporting truck post was intended as comedy.
Apparently, a fail.

I bet someone was using a phone to videotape the shop screens footage.
It does appear that way actually. If you look close you see wavy lines as if it was out of sync with the refresh rate.

Reactions: MKC8
I guess that would sort of explain the seemingly narrow focus on just that specific area of the shop floor, with that service bay centered in the viewing field. I'm more sceptical of some of these "caught on cam" events that may be faked for the "viral effect".
Like the screaming woman on the airplane, where a passenger seated nowhere near her "just happened to be" recording the event. Seems some people will do just about anything to gain notoriety on the internet. Memories of Balloon boy?
My security cams are located and aimed such that the widest field of view is covered, which was why I questioned this initially. Looked a bit too focused on the C8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread