Wonder what visibility is like around the rear quarter for the driver?
Current C6's are not good in that regard.

Tony
welland

Talk to a '68 to '77 C3 coupe driver about rear view blind spots. All I can see in the door mirrors are the tops of the rear fenders! And right hand lane changes can stop your heart. :eek: All part of the fun! :rofl:

I have mixed feelings. I like the front and side view, but the rear bothers me and I can't really place why. I think that maybe it just doesn't flow the same as the rest of the car. I do love the instrument cluster (very Lexus LFA). The two choices of seats is cool, especially the "competition" seat ( it screams Sparco Chronos, which is very similar to the Lamborghini Gallardo). All in all I will have to wait and see one in person. I want to see how it stacks up against the competition.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Just read this post on the Corvtte forums. IMO this guy hits the nail on the head dead on. If you won't buy a new Vette because of the shape of the tailights, are you really a Corvette enthusiast.......?

2hz1u7n.jpg

I agree and disagree. I agree that the Corvette has to evolve but I disagree that enthusiasts can't be upset about the removal of a legacy feature. There are signature items that have followed the Corvette to identify it as such and separate it from the rest of the sports cars out there. What if the C7 only offered a V6 or was made into a 4 seater or went back to a straight axle? Are we not enthusiasts if we don't like that? Yes, the original Corvette had only two tail lights and no side windows and drum brakes...etc, etc so you can site the heritage as much as you want (as I'm doing) but along the way, certain elements define what the Corvette is and people are allowed to be upset when those legacy features are removed (remember the elimination of the flip up head lights and the outcry that caused!?), just like people are allowed to praise the evolution of the car and be positive about the changes.

You can copy that post to Corvette Forum if you like.:D

Just read this post on the Corvtte forums. IMO this guy hits the nail on the head dead on. If you won't buy a new Vette because of the shape of the tailights, are you really a Corvette enthusiast.......?

2hz1u7n.jpg

I can see where he got his screen name if he can't listen to and participate in a discussion about what we like and dislike about a car.

I don't give a rats about that forum. I do care about what's for sale and how much I like it for a pretty high price. -- and don't mind sharing it with friends.

BTW -- people's (consumer's) opinion does have some baring on future improvements/changes.

Banter about what people like and dislike has been around forever. I think we're all used to it.

Some on that forum just look for adversarial positions to chirp about and try to stand out from the crowd. I wouldn't pay much attention to it.

Colin.

So, what exactly is wrong with people having an opinion? People like this are the reason why there are so many lurkers who don't post. Who needs this crap laid on them? The moderators do a good job and don't need a second tier chirping over their shoulder. Oh dear, I just voiced my opinion. :)

I guess all this will pass. It just upsets me how many "Corvette enthusiasts" are out there making it well known all over the internet that they will not be buying the new car......mostly because of the shape of the tailights! I see what Riley is saying, and I don't think id be buying the new Vette either if it had 4 doors, a V6, or even a mid engine, but this is just is all over a styling detail. Yes, we all should have our opinions, I think some are being a bit to harsh, theres even a petition going around to change the rear before it goes into production! Whats next? A protest line at bowling green?

I do remember the same deal when they went away from the pop up headlamps in the C6, looks like everybody got over that styling detail that had been around since 63. I guess if you want the best Vette ever built you'll have to live with the looks of what 99.9% of other cars will ever see of a new C7....the tailights! They did an absolutely fantastic job on this car, In all the Corvette intros Ive ever had the pleasure of reading about NONE have ever brought such rave reviews from the press as the C7.

I only posted that comment because I think that poster summed it up pretty good. I think if this is the only thing us Vette guys can find to complain about they did a bang up job on the new car.

One more thing.... the C7 dash reminds me of a 90+ C4 dash is so many ways. Tradition has been kept alive!

Ha! Corsvette, your post came in before mine.

It's actually a good point you brought up corsvette. You can see how passionate people are about the Corvette. I think one problem with enthusiasts are how heated (me included) can get over things we don't like. I think the enthusiasts are passionate for different reasons. Some like the legacy and heritage and want it to stay the same while others just want pure performance or a break from the legacy items that they think may be holding the Corvette back. That's one great and crappy thing about this car. It brings a lot of different people together.:canada:

For your latest reply. I can see how people are getting tired of hearing about how many people aren't going to buy the new car because of the tail lights. Myself, I don't like that they want away from the round style but if I had the opportunity, I would buy the new Corvette tomorrow. I still want to see one in person before I make my final judgement though. The biggest gripe on previous Corvettes was always about the interior. They put a lot of effort into it for the C7. Maybe we should have griped that the tail lights weren't round enough!:rofl:

It may be great that the new C7 may be a technical and horsepower marvel.
That's great for the thrill of driving it. But if the looks of the car don't appeal to me or the masses that see it coming down the road where (imho) is the corvette appeal that has been built up over the years? Nah, sorry to be that strongly opinionated about this car, but as it is now it definitely would not be a buy for me , even if I could afford it.

when I am spending my money I will have an opinion - so if I don't like the Camaro looking lights then I will say so - there are some folks who will buy the car even if they don't like the lights but I wonder how many would drop that kinda coin on something even if they don't like it all that much

My boss currently owns a '67 coupe and a '10 GS and he is very excited about the C7. He has already been in touch with a couple of dealers and I believe is going to buy one of the first ones available.
I'm personally excited for him and look forward to going for a spirited ride.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.