Jul 6, 2013
London
VetteCoins
Car
1991 convertible
Does anybody know how difficult it is to change the headlight gear. Rate 1-10 10 being very difficult. I can hear mine starting to go and will have to deal with this soon. Is there a way to make an adjustment in the mean time so the gear does not skip or grind when I turn the headlights on?

Does anybody know how difficult it is to change the headlight gear. Rate 1-10 10 being very difficult. I can hear mine starting to go and will have to deal with this soon. Is there a way to make an adjustment in the mean time so the gear does not skip or grind when I turn the headlights on?

Rate at 5 it is not hard to do but is a time killer allow two hours to change out one side then you will be faster at the second one and there is no adjustment to be made, it is worn out completly there is a good vidio on you tube on how to change out the gears and bushings should change them out while your at it good luck with the repair it is not at all bad to do just be patient.

Kent

I just did it myself, just the delrin bushings.....they had disintegrated. 5 is about right, took me about two hours to do both units. The entire assembly has to come out to access the motors. Instructions came with the bushings, but they were not very clear.