Feb 22, 2023
Saskatchewan
VetteCoins
Car
70th Coupe Z51
Province
SK
I have a weird issue with bluetooth connection wanting some feedback on how others work. generally when I get in and start the car my iPhone connects to Apple carplay every time without issue and works as it should the problem im having is when I try to change a song/station from the wheel using the FAV up/down. So I have noticed that sometimes the buttons on the wheel work and other times not, the times it is not working after playing around a bit I realized that even though the phone is connected to Apple carplay it wasn't showing a connection in the audio app of the car in order to fix the issue I have to go into devices where it shows my phone connected and disconnect/reconnect my phone after that my phone will show its connected in the audio app and Apple carplay and the buttons on the wheel will work in carplay. Most starts it connects to both apple carplay and Audio app bluetooth but maybe every 5 - 7 starts of the car it doesnt show my phone in the Audio app . I guess if you dont use the wheel buttons for skip you wouldn't even notice or if you dont use carplay. I will assume that if I wasn't using carplay at all that sometimes the Audio app would connect intermittently or maybe it works better with carplay off.

This tech has been around for so long now you would think they could figure this out but every vehicle I get always seems to have some glitch with the Bluetooth. I wonder if its Bluetooth 5.0 in the carIf

If it makes you guys feel any better my wife's 2023 RDX does the same thing as well as 75% of the Audi's that come in for service at the dealer I work at.