You're 5
Jun 19, 2014
Collingwood ON
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z51 Coupe A8
Wasaga Beach Corvette Club is proud to present its 25th Annual Beach Cruize

When: August 14 & 15, 2015 at Wasaga Beach

This is the 25th and final cruize that will be organized by the WBCC!!!

For details please visit the wasaga beach corvette club website.

CCCC-ER event
:canada:

We would like to get to this one. Haven't been to Wasaga since 1969. Looks like it is going to be the last???

Hi Keith.

Yes, this will be the last Beach Cruize that will be arranged, set up and marshaled by the Wasaga Beach club. They have been doing it now for 25 years and quite frankly we are getting long in the tooth and our member numbers are waning. The cruize always falls on to just a couple of stalwart individuals to manage.

I can appreciate the organizers being very tired. My wife and I came on board just last year and we helped out with the 2014 cruize as best as two newbies could. It was a daunting task. We were pooped by the end of the day.

Word is beginning to spread that this is the last cruize and, if it is good weather, there could be as many as 300 - 400 Vettes at the venue. Wow!

Last year was dismal. We no sooner got things rolling with machines shined when the skies opened up and poured for the rest of the day. People left early.

So if you just want to gawk at cars just show up. Iffin' you want to go into the show n shine, go to the WBCC website and download the registration form or I can pm you one if interested. Parking will be a premium if you just come as a spectator if we do get the crowds they anticipate.

We reached out to Rotary to see if they wanted to pick up the gauntlet and carry on. I understand they have opted to not take on the gig. If no other sporting venue wants to carry the tradition, this will be the final cruize out of the beach.

Wasaga Beach Corvette Club - Home

Save the wave.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug it sounds like a tremendous amount of effort to put the show on. I guess we can only say thank you to your group for the dedication to putting this show on for so many years. I know you said you were newbies but it still probably felt like years.

Hope the last show is a good one. All the best that your efforts are rewarded with a great day.

Doug it sounds like a tremendous amount of effort to put the show on. I guess we can only say thank you to your group for the dedication to putting this show on for so many years. I know you said you were newbies but it still probably felt like years.

Hope the last show is a good one. All the best that your efforts are rewarded with a great day.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Having only 14 members and with people handling registration, parking, judging, prep before and tear down after, it is a big effort. Spouses get in on the organizing. The planning starts months prior to make sure sponsors are on board, prizes are ordered, venue is secured, paid duty police are arranged. The tasks go on and on.

We are getting tired.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread