I think mine must be on that same train. I was told it may show up within the next week. If it shows up end of next week, that will make it exactly 6 months from it's build date of March 16th. Amazing that they can build the car in a day and then take 6 months to deliver!!! I'm just glad I'm finally getting it. I placed my deposit over 3.5 years ago.

Yes, I imagine the logistics of mapping deliveries to larger centers allows for much quicker deliveries, but a week versus six months is crazy!!
I guess if you paid your fair share for destination charges, you would get your car sooner. How would you like to take delivery 10 miles from the plant and pay the same freight. Now that would piss me the f uc k off...

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Well, I did offer several times to pick the car up from Kansas City (or any other venue) ON MY OWN DIME a few months ago, so that I could actually enjoy the car in the limited summer months we have here, but I was denied the opportunity. That kinda pissed me off. If they offered a premium (or "my fair share") to deliver quicker in less populated areas, I would have gladly taken that route, as I totally understand the logistics and extra cost involved.

Reactions: Murray20c8
We seem to get lucky here in Ontario my car was built August 11th and I was driving it a week later and someone named Scott even got his faster than me. Lol
Reading this thread, I feel very sorry for the people in western Canada that have been waiting a ridiculous amount of time for their cars to show up.
I can't believe I even considered ordering a car through Alberta due to shorter lists. Delivery charges are based on the average cost and that is why it's the
same for everyone. There should be an option to pay extra to get your car sent by truck rather than rail to save months on the delivery time based on the rail backups and delays. Jack Cooper just added over 240 trucks to the inventory and they could probably do this as they were driving cars across the US last year.

One of the questions we’ve been hearing is that if completed C8 Corvettes will be shipped from the Corvette assembly plant to dealers even with the strike underway. Unfortunately, that doesn’t appear likely to happen. It’s our understanding that Jack Cooper Transport, which is a Teamster Union shop, will not be crossing the UAW picket lines at any of the Big Three automakers it ships vehicles for.
[PICS] If Strike Occurs, Shipping of Corvettes from the Assembly Plant to Dealers Will Be Halted - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

I was afraid of this, Glad I made it out of KC holding in the nick of time not sounding to promising. 🤮

I think orders for ALL cars take a while these days.
As far as Corvettes go I believe almost every local dealer has a car for sale in the showroom that you can take home TODAY! I know that ordering always gets the colour & options you want but maybe there is one available locally that you can be driving today. The dealer down the street had a 2023 for sale @ $99,999. I did not check options but it looked great,
If you order one today you might get your 2024 when the C9’s are out!!

There are a couple of high-end used car dealers near me and they each have a few C8’s.
These are sure nice cars no matter what year we have.
graham

Inquired about my car today and was told they switched from CP to CN rail and now my car has to go to Saskatoon and then get trucked back to regina its been unloaded in Saskatoon and waiting for transport now. ffs just another hurdle. DDHRocks do you have your car yet?
Mine's been in Ingersoll for 2 weeks now, and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it's there for 2 more.

It supposedly moved to Oakwood, whatever that means
Our terminal is located at 129 Oakwood Street in Ingersoll, Ontario, just off Highway 401. This location provides easy access to Toronto, Montreal and Quebec ...

It sounds like it's time for someone at Brian Cullen's to make a call!

Sorry, Oakwood Transport, a separate company maybe? Either way, there seems to be a lack of urgency.
Call the dealer and have them call Ingersoll to find out what the heck is going on? You know the dealerships are allowed to pick up vehicles from the Ingersoll yard instead of wasting time waiting.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.