VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
  • Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
Really? WOW.
Ya, these things should be optional at worst.
It’s becoming increasingly frequent among vehicle manufacturers to build in fully functional features in all of their vehicles and then charge a subscription fee to use them. Much like On-Star for an example. GM were one of the first to do this. If I were a shareholder I’d have no problem with it but as a vehicle buyer I do. GM are estimating tens of billions in profits in the coming years from this shift. Sleazy doesn’t begin to describe it in my opinion. More like pure greed. The problem for the consumer is that if all manufacturers do it your only option will be to buy used . Although it does leave room for one or two manufacturers to differentiate themselves by not doing so which once the backlash builds we may hope to see happen.
It would be a savvy move I would suggest. Then again unfortunately most people are like sheep, lol .

Little history here... Rolling Stones have a song from way back called 'Hey You, Get off my Cloud'. Mick stole and modified it from the Scottish song 'Hey McLeod, Get off my Ewe' :angelic:

Reactions: 1st Vette
scotland-kincraig-sheepdog-herding-071218-az.jpg

And there we have the first reply from someone with Scottish roots and rubber boots.... :rofl:
Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman and a Welshman captured by the opposition.
We are going to shoot you, but we'll offer you one last request.
Welsh fellow "1000 welshmen singing land of my fathers"
Scotsman "I'd like 1000 bagpipes playing the flower of Scotland"
Irish fellow "1000 Irish doing the riverdance"
Englishman "Shoot me first!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.