great pics.... First pic of my C6 I've looked at since I sold her..... hmmmmmm..... :depressed: little nostalgia there.... that'll disappear soon as driving season gets here again..... woohooo...

Since a good portion of our day is in Ponoka a short (2 hrs round trip) cruise to Rocky Mountain House might be good to finish off! Since I didn't get the September cruise planned last year I have to pull up my socks! I'll contact Don at Edwards Garage as they would love to have a group of vettes show up for a visit. We then could head out to the boat launch at Crimson Lake for a great photo backdrop.
Hwy. 53 west then 20 south and 12 west is scenic and a bit quieter!

Since a good portion of our day is in Ponoka a short (2 hrs round trip) cruise to Rocky Mountain House might be good to finish off! Since I didn't get the September cruise planned last year I have to pull up my socks! I'll contact Don at Edwards Garage as they would love to have a group of vettes show up for a visit. We then could head out to the boat launch at Crimson Lake for a great photo backdrop.
Hwy. 53 west then 20 south and 12 west is scenic and a bit quieter!

Interesting.
I wonder how many tanks of gas mine would take to get there and back. rofl

Ahhhh yes.... time and money.... not necessarily in that order but they do play an important part.... personally I like your 71 better. There is something to be said for that body having the chrome front and rear bumpers.... just seems to make the car....

"Since a good portion of our day is in Ponoka a short (2 hrs round trip) cruise to Rocky Mountain House might be good to finish off! Since I didn't get the September cruise planned last year I have to pull up my socks!"

Uhmmmmm.... Rocky. We have a pretty full day booked up already.... A trip to Rocky, the Chev Dealer and Crimson Lake is definitely more than 2 hrs just to get there. To put that on top of Our annual Meet would be a bit much.

Now IF you want to set up, say a Rocky Mountain House to Jasper overnight or something later on?????

Yep.
I agree with Don. just doing a little research on a rocky cruise. 1h 20min to rocky, at least an hour in rocky at the chev dealership (just a guess) another half hour to crimson lake, however long there for photos then about 2 hours home.
That would be quite a long afternoon.
That said, I am so down with a cruise such as this on another day. Sounds like an early morning start and a full day of cruising. Over nighters would be cool but my current budgetary situation would negate my ability to participate.:(

easy.jpg

Now IF you want to set up, say a Rocky Mountain House to Jasper overnight or something later on?????

Well, the Ponoka event seems to go till about 2 or 3pm as we seen last year.

Now, when Paul or myself have idea's or throw idea's out to do a drive to the mountains too, the main reason we want to piggyback after your event is it is SO HARD to try get people rounded up for events, many are busy... even Paul could not plan a fall cruise last year as he had every weekend full of things to do.

So, we are not trying to one up your event, it is just when we have 20-25 cars show up for the meet if 6-12-15 cars wants to do the cruise after it is a bigger turn out. Yes, you kinda need to stay the night in Sask crossing or where ever,,, the spring rates are decent at $99 for being in the mountains.

If you kinda dedicate that day to attending the Ponoka meet and you think ok lets do the cruise to the mountains or Rocky or wherever after... saves gas getting there when you already there.

By May the days after getting longer that the sun doesn't set till 8 or 9pm ... can still start a cruise at 3pm and be in the mountians by 6pm, do some photo shoots and have dinner and then maybe do more in the am the next day.

My 2 cents ( 1 cent American )

Brian

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!! This event for many of us is the first real run of the season with several people coming from a few hours away or other provinces. We are planning a similar run as last year however if its a great day theres no reason we couldn't extend the cruise! We are not making any plans for an over night trip however if individuals want to do this..............go for it. This event is all about meeting up with friends, meeting new friends, having some great FREE food and going for a cruise with a stop for a photo opt.

Once again guys and gals this event is almost a full day especially for those who drive an hour or more to get here then need to drive home. We expect this years event to end at aproximately 3pm giving people time to get home or carry on with a longer cruise as mentioned above. We are holding the event on Saturday so it is possible for several to carry on and make a weekend of it.
We've extended the route which should give us a full hour to hour and 15 cruise!!

The focus for me here is on the Ponoka M & G and it sounds like we all agree on that. If there's enough interest and something happens after Ponoka for those interested, then that's all good too. Either way, I can't wait! :Cheers2:

awwww.... that sucks.... was looking forward to meeting both you and your car...... and family too...... Do the locals up there put on a meet and greet, or show and shine or anything ? I'm always looking for an excuse to go for a weekend drive as long as I'm around.... and the weather is decent....lol....

We have a local show every July put on by Bonnyville Gear Grabbers - it's a decent show with a mobile dyno, live music, food, indoor/outdoor exhibits, etc. I'm more into racing events than shows, but it's always a decent turnout. I will let everyone know when it is, and hopefully I'm not on shift this year! Could maybe do a group BBQ at my acreage or something to that effect.

well if scary fast is not going then I am in for sure mmmmmmmmm sorry bud

just marked it in the calendar and the wifey says she will forego some of her quilting retreat to come along for the day

great just great

see you there, bringing my new C7 and wonder if I should send an invite to the guy who bought my c6 GS mmmmmm

later eh

Jeffer

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.