My favourite race to start off the racing season. Did bucket list item with my Shelby GT500 running that track.

edit: found this video on the new car

Attachments

• L81_2346.jpg
    L81_2346.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
  • L81_7750.jpg
    L81_7750.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
  • M4S_1866.jpg
    M4S_1866.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So who are the workhorses here watching the whole thing? Not me but I usually try to catch the start and first 2-3 hours, then couple hours as day turns to night.......................night into an hour or so after midnight, then as the sun starts to come up (usually they do a montage of all the night stuff that happened) and finally the last 2 hours.

That's my 24hr race watch schedule, what's yours???

Last edited:
So who are the workhorses here watching the whole thing? Not me but I usually try to catching the start and first 2-3 hours, then couple hours as day turns to night.......................night into an hour or so after midnight, then as the sun starts to come up (usually they do a montage of all the night stuff that happened) and finally the last 2 hours.

That's my 24hr race watch schedule, what's yours???
I record it all on my PVR and watch the whole thing. Right now I'm 35 minutes back so I can skip through the commercials. If they go to commercial when the Corvettes are on (they always seem to) then I watch some of the race afterwards on imsa.com. Right now I have the 24 hours of Dubai on my laptop, the IMSA race on my TV and scoring, timing and CCF on my Desktop. LOL.

Reactions: Afterimage
I record it all on my PVR and watch the whole thing. Right now I'm 35 minutes back so I can skip through the commercials. If they go to commercial when the Corvettes are on (they always seem to) then I watch some of the race afterwards on imsa.com. Right now I have the 24 hours of Dubai on my laptop, the IMSA race on my TV and scoring, timing and CCF on my Desktop. LOL.
Addict , lol . ;)

Retired and nothing better to do. lol
My PVR keeps stopping he recordings! F'm Bell satellite.
Starlink . I have never been a fan of anything Bell . Completely cancelled cell service with them and asked for a refund for the coming months service as they make you pay 1 month ahead and they gave me a CREDIT . Brassturds .

• Wow
Reactions: vintageracer
Starlink .
Streaming services are actually more expensive than Bell/rogers. If you add up all the services you want it ends up being more. Plus there is no Internet PVR's available let alone with commercial skip.

Streaming services are actually more expensive than Bell/rogers. If you add up all the services you want it ends up being more. Plus there is no Internet PVR's available let alone with commercial skip.
I didn’t
read it all , too early in the day but maybe something in here. May not work with satellite streams but maybe worth looking into a way/workaround

I didn’t
read it all , too early in the day but maybe something in here. May not work with satellite streams but maybe worth looking into a way/workaround
I already use one of them (OBS with an Elgato HD60 ). I already do capture videos that I want to save and can edit out commercials. I'd MUCH rather pay for programming without commercials! Are you listening all you services out there?
The problem is we have many TV's but the three important ones are not hooked to computers so there is no PVR available even for Android TV's. All the regular channel apps (CBC, CTV, Global, CITY etc.) have programming with commercials. Free (most), yes, but you pay for them with commercials.
The one that bugs the heck out of me are apps like CITY that you pay a subscription for but they also have commercials! WTF! I wish I could ge toff-air but I'm too far out from the tower (or treed) for that even though my neighbour with his tower gets all the off-air signals!

I could have captured the 24 hours of Daytona on my computer, but that uses it up only for that for 24 hours. I'd rather wait until it's available on IMSAtv which it usually is within a week of the running.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette