I'm New Here
You're 5
Sep 10, 2015
Barrie, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z51
Ordered a 2016 Z51 in April 2015...

Myself and my dealer are totally frustrated with GM and the GM rep.....and the continuing delivery delays...
Any recent news out there on Canadian deliveries...??

Cooler

OK....
Lack of information exchange from GM and GM rep to my dealer...
Being an early orderer...(April 2015)...We were expecting delivery late July/August....I understand the frustration Canadian owners have regarding the allocation thing..
2016's are starting to trickle across the border....Being a small dealer....(with only 1 allocation)....he has offered GM to take on some crap (non moving) chevs on his lot to move my allocation up....(no sign yet of mine on the work bench)
Order has been accepted by GM.....but that is as far it has got....

Any factory news that may illuminate the reason for the delay...???....I haven't been able to find anything

Your dealer will know the approximate production date of your allocation. He will definitely know if it is a Fall build. My dealer knew when he told me in August that it would be an April build and I know of several others with same. I don't want to dampen your spirits and, remember this is only opinion, but last year there were dealers that failed to mention that there allocation was a Spring delivery in fear of losing the sale. There is much to support that Nov-Mar are no delivery months in parts of Canada, but then again, I have also known of deliveries during these months. Traditionally, April and May are the strong months for Canadian deliveries of that model year. Is the order at status 3000 yet or are you saying it hasn't even been picked up and is still 1200. Last but not least, remember that allocations get acknowledged every second Thursday. The dealer has until the following Tuesday for all to be in order at which time the order will be picked up or passed over. Are there any constraints on your order? That is another area that should be looked at that many overlook.

OK....
Lack of information exchange from GM and GM rep to my dealer...
Being an early orderer...(April 2015)...We were expecting delivery late July/August....I understand the frustration Canadian owners have regarding the allocation thing..
2016's are starting to trickle across the border....Being a small dealer....(with only 1 allocation)....he has offered GM to take on some crap (non moving) chevs on his lot to move my allocation up....(no sign yet of mine on the work bench)
Order has been accepted by GM.....but that is as far it has got....

Any factory news that may illuminate the reason for the delay...???....I haven't been able to find anything

Cooler87, If you dealer has an allocation then he should be able to enter the order into the GM Workbench and give you a print out with the preliminary order #, if he can't then he doesn't have an allocation released to him yet. How many corvettes did this dealer sell last year? If he didn't sell any he won't be getting an allocation, and if he sold only one he probably won't get the allocation until late into the model year.

Unfortunately until your order is entered into the GM workbench and you have an order #, GM doesn't know or care about your order. It's just the way GM & a lot of other manufacturers work. The order you have with your dealer is between you and the dealer, your order date means nothing to GM. There have been cases where people never got their car from the dealer and had to cancel and go to another dealer that was getting allocations after waiting as long as a year or more.

Good luck.

BAH! That sucks. Looks like you have some good advise above and best of luck with getting this sorted. Welcome to the forum..... I just wish it was under happier circumstances.

Hello there,
First post! First Corvette purchase……. We made a deal for a 2016 Corvette in mid August, for delivery in spring 2016 (April). I have the bill of sale. We gave them a deposit, yet the cheque has not been cashed. I've been reading through many different threads regarding allocations etc. The above post and replies are now starting to make us wonder if we can really expect the Spring delivery. It is still 8 months away……
The dealer has sold 2015 corvettes although I'm not sure of how many, and there are still two 2015's sitting at the dealership. We ordered a base model coupe in torch red with automatic transmission. What specific questions should I ask our salesperson/dealer regarding our purchase. We're leery that the cheque is still not cashed…..
Trussie

So... the MOST IMPORTANT thing for you is to get the order input into the GM system and be given an order number. Even ask for a heard copy of the GM Work Bench. This protects you (not if) but when the next price jump occurs. If the order is not input, you will pay whatever the price when it is input. My order was drawn up in August (price then $85050. My final delivery was in June (built May 10) and the price had then seen several price increases. Without that order number, I was not price protected.

Next, you need to believe your dealer has the allocation. If he has no allocation, you are wasting your time. Circumstances are, however, that he does have an allocation coming up for a spring delivery. Another thing you need to ask is how many others has he deposits from and where your placement is in that list. If he expects to receive only one and you are No. 3 on the list....remaining with that dealer is a losing proposition. Things such as this are not new. In the past few years there have been several who have been proised but not received the vehicle in that model year.

If you're in Barrie, and ready to buy; why not take a drive down to Richmond Hill to Wilson Niblett? They have cars on the lot today. Might not have exactly what you want, but they might have more pull than Georgian or Paul Sadlon. Hope you finally get what you want, and welcome.

So... the MOST IMPORTANT thing for you is to get the order input into the GM system and be given an order number. Even ask for a heard copy of the GM Work Bench. This protects you (not if) but when the next price jump occurs. If the order is not input, you will pay whatever the price when it is input. My order was drawn up in August (price then $85050. My final delivery was in June (built May 10) and the price had then seen several price increases. Without that order number, I was not price protected.

Next, you need to believe your dealer has the allocation. If he has no allocation, you are wasting your time. Circumstances are, however, that he does have an allocation coming up for a spring delivery. Another thing you need to ask is how many others has he deposits from and where your placement is in that list. If he expects to receive only one and you are No. 3 on the list....remaining with that dealer is a losing proposition. Things such as this are not new. In the past few years there have been several who have been proised but not received the vehicle in that model year.

Thanks…….We are the first 2016 ordered at the dealership - that we know for sure. Without sounding ignorant, they made the price guarantee when we left the deposit. However, we feel less confident since reading your response. We're calling now to get this sorted as best we can! Thanks for the further info……….there is a wealth of knowledge on here!

If you're in Barrie, and ready to buy; why not take a drive down to Richmond Hill to Wilson Niblett? They have cars on the lot today. Might not have exactly what you want, but they might have more pull than Georgian or Paul Sadlon. Hope you finally get what you want, and welcome.

Thanks for your info…..we did try them and we were dealing back and forth, but finally settled elsewhere. They did have many vettes to choose from, but we wanted an LT1 automatic (we were a little shy of the manual they had - being such a powerful engine); it's our first go at a corvette!

Thanks…….We are the first 2016 ordered at the dealership - that we know for sure. Without sounding ignorant, they made the price guarantee when we left the deposit. However, we feel less confident since reading your response. We're calling now to get this sorted as best we can! Thanks for the further info……….there is a wealth of knowledge on here!

The dealership just called……we have an order number consisting of 4 letters, 1 number and final letter - for eg. ABCD3E. He said they get an update weekly on the status of the orders. He knew nothing about the numbers I've seen online here like status 1200 or status 2000, or 3000. However, he said they are awaiting info on the week of production of our vehicle. Does it sound like I'm getting the run-around or sounding legit?
Greatly appreciate your patience.

If you truly want a car, head south to York region. Every guy on a Corvette forum in the last 2 years has read about status codes - whether in the market for a C7 or not. Call Wilson Niblett and convey this information your dealer just gave you and see the response. The boys in Barrie can get you a new Cobalt or Impala....but they may be out of their element on this one. Apparently Niblett has an entire department with two guys who deal just with high performance car purchases.

That may be correct...mine was SBDGS4. Simply ask them to send you a copy of the Workbench. All they have to do is hit print when they have it on the screen. Very odd is the fact that they con't know anything about status codes SINCE IT IS PART OF THE Work Bench and worksheet. Myself, I would get away from anyone who sold cars but stated that he didn't know what the codes were because that means they don't understand the order and Work Bench printout. This is what it looks like...

WB Page 1.PNG

Reactions: Brian Keery
That may be correct...mine was SBDGS4. Simply ask them to send you a copy of the Workbench. All they have to do is hit print when they have it on the screen. Very odd is the fact that they con't know anything about status codes SINCE IT IS PART OF THE Work Bench and worksheet. Myself, I would get away from anyone who sold cars but stated that he didn't know what the codes were because that means they don't understand the order and Work Bench printout. This is what it looks like...

View attachment 3190

Also, when you get the copy of the Workbench Order, look at the fields
- "Order Type" and make sure it says Retail Sold
- "Customer Information" your name is there
- MSRP , it is the MSRP of the vehicle and match the Total Basic Vehicle line on your purchase agreement.

If all that info is there, then you have price protection and GM is aware of the order.

Your dealer will know the approximate production date of your allocation. He will definitely know if it is a Fall build. My dealer knew when he told me in August that it would be an April build and I know of several others with same. I don't want to dampen your spirits and, remember this is only opinion, but last year there were dealers that failed to mention that there allocation was a Spring delivery in fear of losing the sale. There is much to support that Nov-Mar are no delivery months in parts of Canada, but then again, I have also known of deliveries during these months. Traditionally, April and May are the strong months for Canadian deliveries of that model year. Is the order at status 3000 yet or are you saying it hasn't even been picked up and is still 1200. Last but not least, remember that allocations get acknowledged every second Thursday. The dealer has until the following Tuesday for all to be in order at which time the order will be picked up or passed over. Are there any constraints on your order? That is another area that should be looked at that many overlook.

I also am having issues knowing where my order is at. I ordered a 2015 Z06 in Jan.2015 which was converted to the 2016 in July of this year. I am First on the list for this years allocation from my Winnipeg dealer (Birchwood). Neither the dealer or the GM rep. can say when the build will take place. GM has taken the order in late July from the Dealer. How does anyone find out any information about their order?? Phil

Phil.... so there are a few things I might question....

You're order last year...they obviously did not have an early or late allocation for you. They were hoping to get one and they were not granted the allocation. You fall into the same boat as so many where dealers held onto deposits with hopes of gaining an allocation but did not. The fact that they 'converted' your order in July simply means that they placed your order on the system in July. They cannot convert it. Have you an order number? K so.... GM never took the order in late July, but rather, it was entered on the system. If they are getting an allocation, the common theme has always been that they would have been told that and they now wait for the allocation to be placed on your order. The District Manager will know two things...if there is really an allocation for that dealership and when the build should come through.

Last but not least, being first on a list means nothing if there is no allocation for that dealership.

So... I guess my next step would be to ask for the order number. Then, call GM Customer Support and ensure that order is in your name. Then comes the hard part and that is getting the answers you need to believe they are getting an allocation. Did they say they had an allocation last year? There were no unfilled allocation at years end. All dealers that were told they were getting a Z06 received that Z06. Did they say that they ARE RECEIVING an allocation this year? Will it be a Fall or Spring build?

I hope this helps somehow although I know it is a bit to the point and may cause worry.

Last edited:
Thank You for the information. I believe the dealership had 4 allocations for
corvettes last year and has 4 this year so I am hopeful I will have my Z06 order delivered in this order year. I will be calling the dealership now that I know what questions to ask.
Thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.