Jan 23, 2015
VetteCoins
Well the inside scoop I got today was that there will be no further Z06 allocations coming for Canada. That's all she wrote for this year. I also heard something that may support the whole "big changes coming for the 17 Z". Trying to get some verification before committing to saying more.

Well the inside scoop I got today was that there will be no further Z06 allocations coming for Canada. That's all she wrote for this year. I also heard something that may support the whole "big changes coming for the 17 Z". Trying to get some verification before committing to saying more.

Do keep us posted on the 17s. I too have heard itsy bitsy rumours from certain GM folks.

Reactions: NW-99SS
The rumours run everywhere. Are they just rumours or will we actually see a second line up next year..... Interesting times ahead ....:Nono1:

Yes, rumors everywhere. However we have been told to expect a few big changes for the 2017 Z's. What we do know is that the changes won't be body or interior design related ( other than colors). Ruled out by the Grand Sport release. We have a new 10 speed transmission that is slated to be put into 8 other models. It debuted in a ZL1 and performs like lightning shift wise. There is no way the ZL1 is going to upstage the flagship sports car. So there is a pretty good chance of that trans hitting us at some point. We will find out on the 28th what the changes are. Fingers crossed that what was hinted at today is real!

Wow! That is exciting news! Looking forward to the changes!..... My thought was they were going back to round tail lights (lol) but your statement that they aren't doing body changes squashes that.
With no more allocations for Canada...yikes. I feel bad for those wanting to get a Z06 this year.

My dealer of preference got a Z06 allotment after 4:30 yesterday (April 1st) no April Fools joke either. Too bad it has my buddy's name on it and not mine. I'm stilling looking but not hopeful anymore.

Last edited:
Did he get a new allocation or just one of his already allocated cars came up in this round?
Not sure they had 2 orders in the system his and mine. About a week ago they spoke with GM and were advised they wouldn't getting anymore and poof the end of Friday the rep called and said they found one. The I heard another dealer was awarded a Z06 this morning and the order had to be finalized by 2:00 PM. The offer on mine fell through on Sunday other wise I would have had a new 2016 on order today. Oh well I still have a sweet car

Here you go
Production for 2016 Corvettes will cease as of June 24th. That means prospective buyers have until May 12th to decide whether to place their orders for either the Stingray or Z06 model. Consumers will also have fewer exterior color options as Chevrolet plans to phase out both Laguna Blue and Shark Grey.

Rick ‘Corvette’ Conti reported that production for the 2017 Corvette Stingray will also begin on June 24th, which could infer the ’17 Stingray won’t be much different from the outgoing model, since production is starting and finishing on the same day for the ’16 and ’17 Stingrays. Consumers can begin placing orders on May 26th for the ’17 Stingray.

Conti also reported that production for the ’17 Corvette Z06 will not begin until September 5th, so Chevy has more than two months to ponder potential updates and design changes. Corvette fans can begin placing orders for the ’17 Corvette Z06 on July 28th.

Any major updates or design changes for 2017 Corvettes are scheduled to be announced on April 28th at the yearly National Corvette Museum Bash event

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.