Status
Not open for further replies.
I was coming to this for educated responses and info from individuals like Mr. Corvette. Again I am just as mad as all of you but this has turned into a bitch session more then anything else. I am new to the forum so still learning but am hoping someone opens a thread that is just based on facts and helps some of us get answers.
Follow Mr. Corvette. He's the only one with any real information (or information on the lack of information).

Sometimes it helps to take some posts with a grain of salt… ;)

Yes, or if the posts start wearing you too 'thin', try reaching out to Jack.
He's like the 'Goodwill Ambassador' (at least that's what I've heard).

Seriously though, for as much bitching as you have to sift through on here, there is also a whole lot of great information provided.
A lot of these guys know more about Corvette's than the Dealerships, or the mechanics that work there.
I'm definitely not part of that group, but I certainly have picked up a lot of knowledge in my short time on here.

We are all indifferent situations, I could potentially get my deposits back but I will not be able to force them to give me the money for additions I have put on while waiting, as well I am then out my 2023 White 70 year Limited. With all accessories price increases I would be looking at close to a $10K difference on just Carbon and my dealership knows if I walk someone else will jump immediately.

So here I sit as pissed off as the rest of you, and again just my opinion but why not support each other as car enthusiasts or just walk away, it is almost as frustrating to sit and read all this stuff about Class Action laws suits and all this other legal miss information. I was coming to this for educated responses and info from individuals like Mr. Corvette. Again I am just as mad as all of you but this has turned into a bitch session more then anything else. I am new to the forum so still learning but am hoping someone opens a thread that is just based on facts and helps some of us get answers.
Wow that car looks wicked!!

Reactions: Brett Driver
To all those who are waiting for recalls to get cleared up, I urge patience and understanding. Some of us had a nearly three year wait (two for me), and it's very very true what they say: "it's worth the wait". It's true I don't care much for dealer service departments (I always get the trainees lol), but I never met a dealer sales associate that didn't want to get you in a car and out the door asap.
The headlight recall is unfortunate, but blame government red-tape and inflexibility. It will get cleared up!
The DCT recall puzzles me though, I would have just extended a lifetime warranty of the affected transmissions and called it a day. Jeep did something like that on the ABS brakes when a had a 91 Cherokee some years ago. As others have said, I don't think too many Canadian C8s will be affected.
Keep calm, and carry your ready-to-go C8 accessories out to the garage and make sure you didn't miss anything!

I’ve ordered cars and trucks in the past that took a long time to get as well.. but they only required a deposit. This one stings a bit more though considering the car has been paid for and insured. Anyways, first world problems I suppose.. here’s to happy motoring in the summer.. hopefully it’s not in 25 😂

I’ve ordered cars and trucks in the past that took a long time to get as well.. but they only required a deposit. This one stings a bit more though considering the car has been paid for and insured. Anyways, first world problems I suppose.. here’s to happy motoring in the summer.. hopefully it’s not in 25 😂
That is my problem, order and wait I can deal with. But having it sit in a showroom 15 minutes from my house is killing me I am going to go have a conjugal visit with it tomorrow LOL.

That is my problem, order and wait I can deal with. But having it sit in a showroom 15 minutes from my house is killing me I am going to go have a conjugal visit with it tomorrow LOL.

I hope you haven't named your car "Ken"...

With all due respect, it’s kinda comical that everyone is upset with the outstanding fixes for the issues, the duration of time it’s taking to resolve, and the utter disgust with Chev. The recall has been out there for a loooooong time with no resolution in sight.

@chevrolet … fix our damn cars for something that is seemingly not a big deal. Or else tell us it’s A big damn deal that will take forever

Amazing story Graham, great to hear how much you liked the Ron Fellows school and how those cars had an impact on how you ordered your next car. I think it's great that all you guy's can now walk into your dealer loaded with information about Vin View and how the system works to get the answers you want and deserve!
Your car should arrive in Vancouver by tomorrow morning. As you know with your new car you will have an opportunity to return back to Pahrump. In speaking with the one of the mechanics there, they change the tires on those cars every 6 days. The retail value of the tires coming on your car is $3,200 and many people enjoy it so much there they keep going back multiple times. I like the sound of your new car more than the one you traded in. I would be interested to know if you saw the thread that I started last May when I was about to order my current car as you switched from Coupe to HTC?
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new car have you seen your window sticker on line yet? I think I will go pull it now.
Scott
Scott, here are a few pics of my car. I got it a couple of weeks ago and paint corrected a few small spots then ceramic coated it right away before any serious road grime could appear. The weather has just started co-operating so am getting a few days here and there to drive it.
Thanks again for all your help through a challenging time.
Cheers Graham
IMG_0341.jpeg
IMG_0339.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.