This is a really sad story, but don't let it deter you or your spirit of travel and adventure Colin.

My parents are in their seventies and still love to travel. They are going to Europe again next year!!!!

I don't go to Mexico either, but I know dozens of people that swear by Mexico as a yearly vacation destination. Minimizing danger is a good practice anywhere. Still, this story really hurts to hear about, as I am sure being in the wrong place at the wrong time was never even considered.

Sometimes things just make no sense :-(

I hear you Vince, and yes travel is a wonderful thing and something we all love to do.
It's just these incidents are so disgusting and frustrating and seem to happen a lot in Mexico.

Sure discretion is prudent when traveling but these poor people were in their home that had been invaded for some perp..... Such a shame.....:(

C.

I have been to Mexico many times in the past, but have not been back for several years, Not sure I will go again.
A friend of my father's who had retired in Mexico, was involved in a fatal car accident last year.
A Cop hit them broadside in the drivers door. All wittinesses said the Mexican cop was at fault.
The elderly gentlemen was taken to hospital and died within an hour.
The first person at the hospital to see the widow of the deceased man, was a government official wanting her to sign a document stating that my Dads friend was at fault.
She would not sign this, which caused a huge problem flying the mans body home for the burial.
This is a true story, I attended the funeral.

Just be careful when you go there. The entire country thrives on corruption.:canada:

I'm back!----Our trip to Mexico was TERRIFIC!!----The Mexican people were great. I really think they are a fantastic race. They treated us royally and with class! The drinks were cold ---the sun was hot---all was perfect----even the weather. The resort was 90 % mex 8 % Canucks and 2 % Yanks---Security was everywhere. Everyone was in party mode!----I will return without hesitation.----boB

P.S.---Thanks to the guys on this forum for the tips before we left. They helped us.

I'm back!----Our trip to Mexico was TERRIFIC!!----The Mexican people were great. I really think they are a fantastic race. They treated us royally and with class! The drinks were cold ---the sun was hot---all was perfect----even the weather. The resort was 90 % mex 8 % Canucks and 2 % Yanks---Security was everywhere. Everyone was in party mode!----I will return without hesitation.----boB

P.S.---Thanks to the guys on this forum for the tips before we left. They helped us.

This is good to hear. I'm getting married there in June. I've heard some of the bad publicity and it made me nervous, but it's somewhere we've wanted to go to for quite some time.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you had a great trip Bob. Welcome back. :D

We were in Ixtapa and took a taxi to (get this) Zihuatanejo, a small fishing town, where we went out sea fishing---it was great fun!
I think it would be fabulous to get married in Ixtapa. I still can't figure why there are no flies or bugs of any sort there. When summer hits here----the blackflies, skeeters, earwigs ,houseflies and so on are a pain. We dined outside most evenings and never saw a fly----how great is that?

We were in Ixtapa and took a taxi to (get this) Zihuatanejo, a small fishing town, where we went out sea fishing---it was great fun!
I think it would be fabulous to get married in Ixtapa. I still can't figure why there are no flies or bugs of any sort there. When summer hits here----the blackflies, skeeters, earwigs ,houseflies and so on are a pain. We dined outside most evenings and never saw a fly----how great is that?

The DDT must be working well ...

I understand that DDT is still being manufactured and used in countries where it hasn't been banned. As a kid in the early sixties seeing farm ponds teaming with frogs. By the early '70s, there were hardly any in these same farm ponds. The only thing that changed was the herbicides and pesticides that were coming into use in a big way. The bad stuff was banned in Canada but not in all countries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.