you can program the climate control to do that automatically based on outside temperature already. As well as the heater . Which is a great feature.
That's a nice feature. It works that way on my '20 if you are close enough for remote start. One can also lower the windows remotely also.
To be able to see tire pressures is also a nice feature, but still not worth $300 a year IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Funny part is roadside assistance for three years has always been included. As it also is in the extended warranty.
That’s like when you go to Staples and buy a new laptop, not that I would, but they try to sell you a one year extended warranty when a lot of the better credit cards do that for you automatically. Richards, lol .

That's a nice feature. It works that way on my '20 if you are close enough for remote start. One can also lower the windows remotely also.
To be able to see tire pressures is also a nice feature, but still not worth $300 a year IMO.
The window opening is nice on a hot day for sure . Just keep pressing the unlock button I think. I read the manual twice now but there are 365 pages. :readread:

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Totally not paying for it once it expires.

I am hoping it’s like Ford; supposed to stop working after a while but always connect years after.
In 2014 the connected services was included. The app controlled the car, but if you didn't pay for OnStar the app still worked, but every time we started the car a loud booming female voice would come on saying "the car Isn't connected to OnStar"! Annoying as hell. Scared the crap outa ya every time! It took me several angry phone calls to get onstar completely removed from my car. First 2 were "It's not possible", but several escalations later it was done. No more OnStar and no more connected services.

With the C8 once a month we get a very subdued and polite female voice stating something similar.

In 2014 the connected services was included. The app controlled the car, but if you didn't pay for OnStar the app still worked, but every time we started the car a loud booming female voice would come on saying "the car Isn't connected to OnStar"! Annoying as hell. Scared the crap outa ya every time! It took me several angry phone calls to get onstar completely removed from my car. First 2 were "It's not possible", but several escalations later it was done. No more OnStar and no more connected services.

With the C8 once a month we get a very subdued and polite female voice stating something similar.
Can that affect over the air firmware updates or is the 4g LTE / Wifi hotspot separate from OnStar ? I would think it would be.

I get females all the time asking me if I want to connect.... errrr.... never mind... wrong thread.... :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.