Foggy1

Casual User
You're 5
Jul 31, 2015
Oshawa
VetteCoins
Car
2009 ZR1
Hey I have a 09 ZR1 and I have a problem getting into 2nd gear , it grinds going into it . Every other gear is fine . Do I have a clutch issue or did I break something in tranny ? Any recommendations for a shop to take it to in Durham region ?

Just an update all fixed up and ready to go tranny rebuilt and Lingenfelter 710+ kit installed by Dasilva Motorsports ,Manny and the guys there did a fantastic job . It's scary fast now gonna have a blast with her .

Thanks Manny I can't believe the responsiveness to the throttle now , it is just scary fast . As well I could never hear the supercharger before it's something else . Up next headers and exhaust

my car is a handful in 1st and 2nd ( half worn tires now )

Would love to see how one is with more horsepower.( would probably need pilot sport cup 2 tires then )

jealous! :)

Would love to do a full Caravaggio interior and a 710 mod or more - come on Lottomax tomorrow! :)

The ZR1's seem to fall to shifting issues. I know one other car here local that has 1st-2nd shifting issues. Syncros I am hearing most times ...Good to get them sorted out Foggy..... now you can enjoy the car again.

Syncros were the problem would not go into 2nd if moving , getting parts are a problem as well Manny ended up finding a bearing somewhere south US . I have the sport cups on them they are awesome when warmed up . She is a real handful now I can tell you lol . I would say pull the trigger on the 710 it's something else . If I hit the max with you I imagine she will be in the shop for some time .

It's a 2.6
DSCN5998_900_350x291.jpg

TR6060 trans parts aren't as readily available as you might think . In the past year GM has had 2 parts on national back order . A reverse gear and this time around it was the main first set bearing.