Scott,

My car has been sitting in Vancouver for over a week now. My dealer is hoping to accept delivery some time later this week and needs at least 2 days to ready the car for delivery.

I just watched Rick (Corvette) Conti’s YouTube “Tech Tuesday. And he mentioned a transmission recall for some ‘23’s and some 24’s. This is an urgent recall and requires affected vehicles to report in by May 31st. As parts replacements and supply issues could and likely will come into play.

I’m not sure what cars are or will be affected but it would be a sad situation for our Canadian owners who have already been waiting patiently for an already delayed delivery due to the DRL issue to be impacted yet again on this potential transmission recall.

Do you have any further info on this transmission recall and what Corvettes are affected.

Always appreciate the information you and your contacts are able to dig up.

Cheers, Graham

Scott,

My car has been sitting in Vancouver for over a week now. My dealer is hoping to accept delivery some time later this week and needs at least 2 days to ready the car for delivery.

I just watched Rick (Corvette) Conti’s YouTube “Tech Tuesday. And he mentioned a transmission recall for some ‘23’s and some 24’s. This is an urgent recall and requires affected vehicles to report in by May 31st. As parts replacements and supply issues could and likely will come into play.

I’m not sure what cars are or will be affected but it would be a sad situation for our Canadian owners who have already been waiting patiently for an already delayed delivery due to the DRL issue to be impacted yet again on this potential transmission recall.

Do you have any further info on this transmission recall and what Corvettes are affected.

Always appreciate the information you and your contacts are able to dig up.

Cheers, Graham
Yes, I heard about it today and select car owners will be notified that due to over torquing of transmission fasteners, a new transmission will need to be installed. Rick sounds like he’s creating a panic, because I read the repair needs to be done before May 31, 2026 not 2024! The Customer Satisfaction Program letter number N232427051 will be mailed to those vehicle owners who need to contact their dealers to confirm this repair. Perhaps your dealer can check your VIN to confirm your car is not affected by this or the car must be held until the repair is done. I just checked my Vin, which is a late 2023 with the 2024 transmission and my Vin is not showing up for this problem. You can check experience.gm.ca enter your Vin number and see if anything else is coming up on your car. Don’t panic Graham and I hope you VIN isn’t included in this recall!
Scott

Reactions: Billclerm
Thanks again Scott, Rick may have mentioned 2026 but all I heard was May 31st. And I had visions of already having to give up a car I have not yet recieved. 😁
I did go and check on recalls on the 24, and the only issue showing is the DRL issue, which will be remedied as my dealer receives the car.
We are all hoping for delivery next week. 🤞 cheers, Graham

Thanks again Scott, Rick may have mentioned 2026 but all I heard was May 31st. And I had visions of already having to give up a car I have not yet recieved. 😁
I did go and check on recalls on the 24, and the only issue showing is the DRL issue, which will be remedied as my dealer receives the car.
We are all hoping for delivery next week. 🤞 cheers, Graham
Graham, good news then as it sounds like your transmission is fine and the DRL issue will be updated during your PDI next week!
Scott